Welcome to our little corner of the internet 🙂
We do two things here at TheYogaNomads.com
- Help yoga teachers turn their passion into a sustainable business
- Help yoga students combine their love for yoga & travel
#1 Helping yoga teachers turn their passion into a sustainable business (without selling their soul)
…Let’s face it, it’s not easy to earn a comfortable living by teaching yoga alone.
In fact, without a solid business training, it’s nearly impossible to overcome the “run around town teaching 20 classes/week” grind.
Don’t worry, we’re here to help 🙂
Our mission at TheYogaNomads.com is to help yoga teachers turn their passion into a sustainable business (without selling their soul).
Here are a few ways we’ve helped yoga teachers in the past:
- Help yoga teachers build a website they’re proud of
- Leverage technology to secure more students (or clients)
- Built heart-centered marketing machines to continually fill workshops/
- Empower yoga teachers with the business skills to dramatically increase their income (without sacrificing their values)
#2 Help yoga students combine their love for yoga & travel
We’ve been traveling and teaching yoga for 3+ years and love helping others do the same! The most rewarding part of our work at The Yoga Nomads is receiving emails from our readers saying “we quit our soul sucking jobs and are now pursuing our dreams!” Keep them coming 🙂
Who are The Yoga Nomads?
Anne Rapp and Brandon Quittem. We are an American couple who escaped corporate America by combining our love for yoga, entrepreneurship, and travel.
Together, we have…
- 13 years of experience in the corporate business world
- 6+ years of full-time entrepreneurship
- 11+ years practicing (and teaching) yoga
We feel so fortunate to combine our business skills with our love for yoga to help yoga teachers turn their passion into profitable (and sustainable) businesses! Ready to level up your business of yoga skills? Start by downloading this free guide: 25 Ways Yoga Teachers can Make More Money.
We believe travel is a catalyst for growth. Travel has expanded our world view, made us appreciate our privileged upbringing, increased our compassion for humans and animals, and given us the gift of increased self confidence.
We strongly believe in living a healthy lifestyle. For us, that means eating a healthy diet, lots of exercise, daily meditation, and frequent time spent in nature.
We believe that food is the most powerful way to learn about a new culture. Besides yoga, food is the our biggest determining factor of where we choose to travel. We love eating, cooking, and learning about food. We’ve been known to walk an hour out of our way to chow down on a specific bowl of noodles – here are our top 30 meals from Vietnam. My mouth is watering…
We believe that spending time in nature is extremely important to our well-being. We love any excuse to get outside… hiking, camping, boating, rock climbing, biking, surfing, fishing, slack-lining, snorkeling, volleyball, foraging for mushrooms… you name it.
Building your yoga business
We work 1×1 with yoga teachers to turn their passions into sustainable businesses (without selling their soul).
Here’s some awesome free stuff to get you started:
- Free online course to build a yoga business website
- 25 Ways Yoga Teachers can Earn More Money[free report]
- 100 yoga niche ideas [free PDF]
The best yoga gear
In the last 2 years we’ve tested and written about countless yoga products. If a new yoga product comes out, chances are we’ve published an article about it.
A sampling of our best stuff:
- Top 5 yoga mats for travel
- Top 5 hot yoga towels
- Manduka PRO vs PROlite (our favorite every day yoga mats)
- Top 5 yoga backpacks
Are you planning to travel?
After packing up to leave countless times, we’ve become quite efficient at pausing our life back home.
Important articles for pre-travel planning:
- Anne’s packing list
- Brandon’s packing list
- Living Out of a Backpack: My Life as a Digital Nomad
- Why you need Travel Insurance (and what does it cover)
- The Ultimate Pre Travel Checklist
Yoga around the world
Our favorite yoga studios around the world:
Our favorite travel experiences
Our favorite moments on the road. They usually involve nature or food 😀
- Our Top 32 Travel Experiences – a must read for travel inspiration
- Climbing Mount Rinjani – 4-day volcano trek in Indonesia
- Trekking the Annapurna Circuit – 15 days in the Himalayas
The best travel gear
Brandon is a shameless travel gear nerd. He’s always researching the best stuff to make our lives on the road easier. Here are a few of our most popular articles.
- Top 5 carry on backpacks for travel & yoga – the best of the best
- Top 5 day packs for traveling – everyone needs a day bag!
- Osprey Farpoint 40 review – the best travel backpack for women
- Stuff we love – a list of our favorite gear
PS: we’re creating an online course to help yoga teachers build a website and learn the basics of business and marketing online. Essentially everything we’ve learned the last 3 years distilled down to one actionable program 🙂
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, leave your information here and we’ll alert you as soon as the course is available to the public.