Note from the Nomad: I’m a yogi, not a doctor! Any information provided here about the healing properties of crystals is based on historical or traditional beliefs and is not intended as medical advice; always consult a healthcare professional for medical concerns.
|The Healing Stones
|Benefits and healing properties
|1. Energy Balancing - Aligns and balances chakra energies
2. Emotional Healing - Supports emotional stability and healing
3. Spiritual Growth - Enhances intuition and spiritual awareness
|1. Anxiety - Root chakra stones for grounding and stability.
2. Emotional imbalance - Sacral chakra stones for emotional healing and creativity.
3. Lack of confidence - Solar Plexus chakra stones for personal power and self-esteem.
|Root Chakra (Muladhara) - Grounding, stability, physical needs.
Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana) - Emotions, creativity, sensuality.
Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura) - Personal power, self-confidence.
Heart Chakra (Anahata) - Love, compassion, emotional balance.
Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) - Communication, self-expression.
Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) - Intuition, imagination, wisdom.
Crown Chakra (Sahasrara) - Spiritual connection, enlightenment.
|Associated birth month and zodiac sign
|Chakra stones are not specifically related to a birth month or zodiac sign as they are used to balance the seven chakras.
|Color: Varies (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Purple, White)
Mineral Class: Various (Quartz, Agate, Jasper, etc.)
Hardness (Mohs Scale): Varies (Typically 5-7)
|Region(s) commonly found in
|India, Brazil, Madagascar, United States, Mexico, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Australia
|Alternate spellings & misspellings
|chackra stones, chackra stones, chakra stons, chackra stons, chakara stones
|Where to buy and learn more
|See latest price
If you’ve been looking for ways to balance or open your chakras, you’ve likely come across chakra stones or crystals. Perhaps you already know that crystals have healing powers. However, how exactly do stones help balance and align our energy centers, and how do we use them?
This article will explain all you need to know about chakra stones. We’ll cover what they are, the various methods for using them, and the associated crystals for each chakra. So, if you’re intrigued about chakras and crystal healing, read on to discover the fascinating benefits of these powerful stones.
- 1 What Are Chakra Stones and Crystals?
- 2 What Are the 7 Chakra Stones and crystals?
- 3 How to Use Chakra Stones
- 4 How to Charge Chakra Stones
- 5 Energy Healing with Chakra Stones
- 6 Where to Buy Chakra Stones?
- 7 Jewelry Making With Chakra Stones
- 8 Recommended Chakra Stones Kit
- 9 Popular Chakra Bracelet Designs
- 10 Final Thoughts
What Are Chakra Stones and Crystals?
A crystal is a solid mineral material where the atoms or ions it composes are arranged in a highly ordered, repeating pattern. As you may have seen, crystals come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. They are formed naturally through geological processes within the earth or organic processes within living creatures.
A chakra crystal is a gemstone used to unblock or balance one of the seven energy centers of the chakra system. They are also known as healing crystals, and they are used in crystal and energy healing practices.
Every crystal has an energetic quality, many of which correspond to a particular chakra. What’s more, because each chakra has an associated color, crystals of that specific hue are typically believed to have the power to heal or stabilize the energy of that chakra. Therefore, people will often seek stones for the chakra they feel is out of balance. However, as with everything relating to chakras and energy healing, there is no scientific evidence to prove these beliefs.
What Are the 7 Chakra Stones and crystals?
If you don’t know much about crystals, finding one with the energetic quality of the chakra you want to heal can be confusing. While choosing a crystal that matches the chakra’s color is a good start, there are sometimes different colored stones that can be highly beneficial for healing a particular energy center.
Here are the most commonly associated chakra stones for each of the seven main energy centers.
Root Chakra Stones
The Root (Muladhara) chakra is the first chakra located at the bottom of the spine. This energy center is associated with grounding, safety, stability, and basic needs. Its color is red, and the associated element is earth. Popular crystals for the Root chakra are:
- Hematite – This black stone has powerful grounding properties to reconnect your mind with your body and your body to the earth. It can pull excess energy down to the root chakra, offering support and stability.
- Fire Agate – Has a grounding, spiritual energy and aligns your energetic body with your physical being.
- Red Jasper – Another excellent stone that will help you remain grounded during spiritual practices.
- Tiger Eye – This red crystal, also known as the survival stone, has a grounding and protective energy.
- Tourmaline – This black crystal also has highly protective and earthy qualities and is said to keep away evil spirits and negative energies.
Sacral Chakra Stones
The Sacral (Svadhisthana) chakra is the second chakra, located in the lower belly, close to the pelvis and reproductive organs. It governs our emotions, sensuality, pleasure, creativity, passion, and intimacy. Its element is water, and the color is orange. Some chakras for the Sacral chakra are:
- Orange Calcite – This is a powerful crystal for overcoming and healing from emotional stress, particularly around intimacy. It can draw out negative energy and uplift your spirit. Physically, it is helpful for the reproductive organs associated with the Sacral chakra.
- Amber – This transparent orange stone can draw disease and pain from the body. It also enhances creativity, gives you the strength to set healthy boundaries in relationships, and balances emotions.
- Citrine – This yellowy-orange crystal clears your mind to tap into your creative potential and is excellent if you suffer from creative blocks.
Solar Plexus Chakra Stones
The Solar Plexus (Manipura) chakra is the third chakra, located in the upper abdomen above the belly button. It is the home of our power and is responsible for the level of confidence, courage, determination, and inner strength we feel. It is connected with the fire element and the color yellow. The best crystals for the Solar Plexus chakra include:
- Citrine – This stone is suitable for both the second and third chakras. It helps to boost self-esteem, overcome adversity and attract abundance and success.
- Tiger Eye – Along with giving protection, Tiger Eye increases your confidence and courage, enabling you to take action and move forward.
- Yellow Aventurine – This unique stone strengthens your willpower, aids in decision-making, and allows you to take control over your life. It is handy if you feel without direction or lack inner strength.
- Pyrite – This metallic stone is associated with the fiery zodiac sign of Leo and helps you overcome fear and break bad habits. It can strengthen your willpower and help you be more assertive in business.
Heart Chakra Stones
The Heart Chakra (Anahata) is the fourth chakra, serving as a bridge between the upper and lower energy centers and connecting the spiritual and physical realms. It possesses the positive qualities of love, joy, gratitude, compassion, and understanding, both to ourselves and to others. Its color is green, and the element is air. To heal or open this chakra, you can use the following stones:
- Emerald – This gorgeous turquoise stone is the crystal for hope and healing. It increases the compassion and unconditional love you feel, heals heart-related diseases or disorders, and helps you find gratitude.
- Jade – Working with Green Jade will help you attract more love and assist in healing heartache and emotional pain. It also has substantial prosperity and abundance qualities, so it is an excellent chakra if you have recently had back luck in relationships.
- Malachite – This is another green stone that can clear and balance the heart. It promotes acceptance and forgiveness, allowing you to let go of past hurt and move on.
- Rose Quartz – This lovely pink stone has an incredibly calming energy that promotes love and acceptance for yourself and others. It can help you unlock a deeper level of healing to release past trauma.
Throat Chakra Stones
The Throat Chakra (Vishuddha) is the fifth chakra that sits at the base of the throat. It is our communication center, allowing us to speak our truth, express our desires and ideas, and listen to others. Its color is blue, and the element is ether/space. Many chakra stones will help you open this energy center, such as:
- Turquoise – This blue stone enhances communication, helping you express yourself better, speak your truth, and unleash your creative potential.
- Aquamarine – This crystal can help you identify what is holding you back and boost your self-expression to better go after what you want. It also gives you the courage to trust yourself and not back down.
- Amazonite – This is an excellent stone for anyone who holds themself back due to fear of judgment from others. It promotes honesty and openness, healing blockages of the fifth chakra.
- Blue Lace Agate – This gorgeous light blue stone is incredibly soothing. It is a beautiful stone to use before public speaking as it eases anxiety and promotes open communication.
Third Eye Chakra Stones
The Third Eye (Ajna) is the sixth chakra that sits between the eyebrows. It is the center of our intuition, vision, and imagination, allowing us to tap into our inner wisdom and follow guidance from the universe. Its color is Indigo, and several stones with high spiritual energy will help you connect more with your intuition.
- Labradorite – This powerful crystal enhances your imagination, allowing you to construct new ideas by creating mental space and activating the third eye.
- Lapis Lazuli – This old navy blue stone represents universal truth and is said to stimulate psychic abilities and inner vision. It also increases mental focus and can improve your memory.
- Obsidian – This high-vibration black stone is often called the crystal of truth because it provokes a sense of curiosity, leading to inner wisdom. It also allows you to break negative attachments to advance in your spiritual journey.
- Iolite – Another dark-colored stone that activates the third eye and crown chakra to access new perspectives and higher consciousness.
Crown Chakra Stones
Finally, the seventh and last primary chakra is the Crown (Sahasrara). It is located just above the top of the head, and its color is purple (or sometimes white). This center connects us to universal power and allows us to access higher states of consciousness. It is the most difficult chakra to open, but these crystals can help you work on it.
- Amethyst – This glistening purple stone has high spiritual energy. It brings tranquility to your mind and soul and releases any blockages preventing you from experiencing bliss.
- Charoite – This powerful but rare stone helps cleanse and clear the higher chakras, removing negative energy and replacing it with positivity. It enables you to experience a deeper insight and live more authentically.
- Selenite – This pristine white stone is known for its ability to help you access higher realms. It can help clear your mind, sharpen your thinking and open up communication with the universe.
- Diamond – This famous stone can enhance the power of all other crystals, and it contains high energy of manifestation.
How to Use Chakra Stones
There are several ways you can use chakra stones to help balance and align your energy centers.
- Meditate with them – You can tap into the power of a stone by meditating with it. Simply place the crystal on your lap or hold it in your hand. Then, visualize yourself receiving the qualities or energy of the stone as you meditate.
- Place them in your home – Many people like to keep crystals on a shelf, table, or altar. Keep them in a room you spend a lot of time in, such as the bedroom or living room. You can also sleep with them under your pillow.
- Keep them in your pocket – Another simple way to use small chakra stones is to keep them in the pocket of your jacket or another item of clothing you wear regularly. This way, you can keep them close to you and access the benefits wherever you go. For example, if you’re preparing for a big meeting, keeping Blue Lace Agate in your pocket will reduce your nerves and allow you to express yourself well.
- Wear them around your neck – Chakra stones make beautiful necklaces and can add a touch of color and personality to your outfit. Keeping them around your neck will increase their power even more if working with the heart or throat chakra.
How to Charge Chakra Stones
When they buy a crystal, many people will start using it straight away. However, a vital aspect of crystal healing is cleansing and charging the stones before and between uses. It’s imperative to cleanse a crystal when you purchase it, as the stone may carry negative energy from a past user. Using a crystal with a negative charge could disrupt your energetic body and do more harm than good.
Then, when you use it yourself, the crystal will likely absorb some of your negative energy as it cleanses you. So, you should charge the stone between uses to avoid reabsorbing it. You bring it back to its natural state whenever you recharge it.
To cleanse a crystal, you can:
- Place it under running water – Water will neutralize the energy of a stone. Placing it under natural running water like a stream is best, but you can also hold it under a faucet.
- Soak it in saltwater – Salt absorbs unwanted energy from stones, so a great way to cleanse them is to soak them in salt water for up to 48 hours. Ensure they fully emerge, and then rinse and pat dry afterward.
- Place in a bowl of rice – Dry rice can also draw out negativity, so an alternative way to charge your crystals is by placing them in a large bowl of uncooked rice. Ensure the stone is completely covered and leave for up to 48 hours.
- Charge it under the moonlight – Another crystal cleaning ritual is to place them under the moon’s natural light. The energy is most potent during certain parts of the solar cycle, such as the full moon, so it’s best to schedule your charging around these times. You should keep it outside for the entire night, bringing it in before midday to prevent prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
Energy Healing with Chakra Stones
Reiki practitioners will often work with chakra crystals if they sense their clients have blocked chakras. Reiki is an energy healing practice where the client lies down, and the practitioner activates Reiki by placing their palms on the client’s body. If working with chakra stones, the practitioner will place the crystal over the targeted chakra and then hold their hands over it to channel Reiki.
Reiki practitioners can scan your energetic body to detect which chakras are blocked. Therefore, going to a reiki session can be an excellent way to balance your chakras if you are unsure which ones need aligning.
However, like all energy healing practices, Reiki works with the universal life force that science cannot prove exists. Therefore, there is little evidence of how effective it is. So, it’s best to go with an open mind and an understanding that it may or may not work.
Where to Buy Chakra Stones?
Depending on where you live, there may be a spiritual or mystic store close by that sells crystals. If you’re buying stones for the first time, a knowledgeable seller at a physical store can help you choose the most suitable ones. You may also find chakra stones at wellness or spirituality events, festivals, or conferences. Moreover, your local yoga studio may stock a small selection.
If you cannot find any local sellers, don’t worry, as there are many reputable online stores you can buy them from. For example, the LA-based House of Intuition sells many of the recommended chakra crystals, such as Amazonite, Tiger’s Eye, and Amethyst, either as loose stones or in a bracelet.
You can also find high-quality chakra stones on Etsy. Check out sellers like Crystals N Creations and Sun Moon and Earth. You’ll also find plenty of excellent options on Amazon, such as the Aovila Crystals For Beginners Set. It includes 7 raw chakra stones and a chakra poster and guide, showing you which ones to use for which chakra.
Or, check out the vuUUuv Chakra Stones Set, which contains a stone for each chakra plus a universal one. You’ll find jade, red jasper, tiger’s eye, amethyst, obsidian, lapis lazuli, and more in this set.
Jewelry Making With Chakra Stones
Wearing a chakra stone on your body, whether around your neck, wrist, or finger, will bring you protection and positive energy at all times and wherever you go. Therefore, it’s not surprising that you can now find many chakra crystals in pendants or rings.
Chakra bracelets are fast becoming popular, too. A chakra bracelet contains a crystal for each of the 7 chakras, so they work to align and balance the entire cosmic body. You can also make your own with specific chakra bracelet-making kits. Pay attention to the metal used on the clasp, though, as many metals have their own healing and energy effects.
Recommended Chakra Stones Kit
If you want to unleash your creativity and make your own chakra jewelry, you’ll find many crystal kits online. For example, the EuTengHao Chakra Bead Kit has 810 pieces, including 63 chakra beads. The set is super easy to use; you simply use the beading needles to connect the beads to the string. The crystal beads in the kit include tiger eye, turquoise, red agate, amethyst, and more.
Alternatively, if you like chakra stone jewelry but do not want to make your own, you can buy pre-made chakra jewelry kits like The Chakra Box. This kit includes 4 ready-made necklaces and 3 bracelets. Two of the necklaces have crystals for all 7 chakras, whereas the other two have specific crystal pendants.
Popular Chakra Bracelet Designs
The most popular chakra bracelet design is to combine chakra crystal beads with black onyx or lava beads. You’ll need one crystal bead for each chakra, 15 to 20 black beads, and an elastic stretch cord. Here is a great tutorial video that shows you how to make this classic chakra bracelet design.
For a different chakra bracelet design, use a thin black cord instead of black beads. For this style, you’ll need your 7 colored chakra beads, 1mm black thread, 4 to 12 sterling silver spacers, and any charm of your choice. Check out this how-to video to see the method in action.
Crystals are well known for their powerful healing properties, so it’s no surprise that working with chakra stones is such a popular way to balance and realign chakras. Plus, as there are many simple methods for healing chakra blockages with crystals, you don’t have to be an expert in energy healing to get started. So now you know the best crystals for chakras, use the ideas in this guide to bring more harmony to your life.