The amount of men doing yoga has more than doubled in the last 5 years, but standard gym workout gear doesn’t cut it for dudes who want to get their stretch on.
With over 10 million male yogis hitting the mat on a regular basis, companies like lululemon are finally offering full-coverage, sweat wicking, chafe-free shorts made to move with the male body. Thanks to its quality and performance, lululemon may soon have a cult following as ecstatic about their menswear as women are about their leggings.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect hot yoga gear, running shorts, or luxurious lounging sweats, these 9 men’s shorts from lululemon won’t disappoint!
If lululemon isn’t quite in your budget, we’ve got the best super cheap alternatives that are almost indistinguishable from the real thing.
- 1 Does lululemon make male clothes?
- 2 Top 9 Bestselling Men’s lululemon Shorts + Cheaper alternatives
- 2.1 T.H.E. Linerless Short
- 2.2 CRZ YOGA Men's Linerless Workout Shorts - 9'' Quick Dry Running Sports Athletic Gym Shorts with...
- 2.3 Balancer Shorts
- 2.4 CRZ YOGA Men's Linerless Running Shorts - 6'' Gym Workout Quick Dry Lightweight Athletic Shorts with...
- 2.5 License to Train Short
- 2.6 BALEAF Men's 7" Running Shorts with Mesh Liner Zipper Pocket for Athletic Workout Gym Black Medium
- 2.7 Pace Breaker Lined Short
- 2.8 Meripex Apparel Men's Freeballer 6" Running Performance Sport Shorts (Large, Khaki)
- 2.9 Fast & Free Lined Short
- 2.10 Commission Short
- 2.11 CRZ YOGA Men's Stretch Golf Shorts - 7''/9'' Slim Fit Waterproof Athletic Casual Work Shorts with...
- 2.12 Bowline Short 8″ Stretch Ripstop
- 2.13 Always in Motion Boxers
- 2.14 Everlux Yoga Short 5″
- 2.15 Anthem Athletics Solstice Mens Yoga Shorts 5 Inch Inseam – Side Pockets - Workout, Running, Gym,...
- 2.16 Do lululemon mens shorts have pockets?
Does lululemon make male clothes?
Although they’re known for their high-end women’s leggings and yoga gear, lululemon Athletica also offers an ever-expanding line of quality men’s athleisure clothing.
Launched in 2014, lululemon’s men’s line includes all the gear you need for movement and sweat. Depending on your preferred sport, lululemon offers pants, joggers, shorts, shirts, hoodies, tanks, swim trunks, accessories, and more.
As with all of their gear, lululemon’s menswear is constructed with the highest quality fabrics and the latest styles to ensure that you look and feel great while you get sweaty. They even have ultra-comfortable options for casual workwear and men on the go.
Top 9 Bestselling Men’s lululemon Shorts + Cheaper alternatives
- Best Overall: T.H.E. Linerless Short
- Best for Yoga: Balancer Shorts
- Best for Training: License to Train Short
- Best for Stretching: Pace Breaker Lined Short
- Best for Running: Fast & Free Lined Short
- Best for Workwear: Commission Short
- Best for Casual Wear: Bowline Short 8″ Stretch Ripstop
- Best Boxer Shorts: Always in Motion Boxers
- Best Men’s Hot Yoga Shorts: Everlux Yoga Short 5″
T.H.E. Linerless Short
lululemon’s top-rated men’s training shorts are a fan-favorite for a reason. The lightweight, swift fabric is made of recycled polyester and a breathable blend of elastane. The split hem leg adds maximum movement and agility to any workout. While they’re made specifically for training, these shorts are also for every day workouts of any kind. They come in a 7″ and 9″ length and fit with a streamlined design that isn’t too tight nor too loose.
- Liner-less and breathable gusset (no crotch sweat!)
- Extra lightweight, shoft, sweat-wicking fabric
- Designed specifically for training and gym workouts
- Recycled polyester
- Classic tapered fit (not too baggy or too tight)
- Extra durable for long-lasting wear
- 2 side pockets and zippered hidden pocket
- May “pill” or snag if improperly washed
- Pockets may stick out when filled
CRZ YOGA Men's Linerless Workout Shorts - 9'' Quick Dry Running Sports Athletic Gym Shorts with...See latest price
At less than half the price, these shorts are an awesome budget pick with shockingly similar design to the brand-name lululemon. The 88% polyester and 12% spandex blend feels almost as smooth and lightweight as the real thing. They have fast-drying technology, no liner, and a breathable gusset so you don’t have to worry about crotch sweat while you train.
Best for Yoga:
Designed specifically with male yogis in mind, these shorts are made of lululemon’s fastest drying Everlux fabric. Whether you’re in a hot Bikram studio or a classic strength-building Ashtanga class, these shorts allow for the full range of motion while ensuring you don’t sweat or feel restricted.
- Highly rated amongst men who do yoga
- The best quick-dry sweat wicking fabric
- Super breathable in hot yoga
- Flexible and stretchy
- Slim style skims glutes and thighs
- Full range of motion
- Discreet zippered pocket in the seam
- Fabric is thicker than T.H.E. shorts
- Needs back pockets
CRZ YOGA Men's Linerless Running Shorts - 6'' Gym Workout Quick Dry Lightweight Athletic Shorts with...See latest price
With the softness of the Balancer short and the budget-friendly price point of a Walmart outfit, this pair from CRZ YOGA is pretty impressive on the mat. The laid-back, quick dry fit feels as mellow as it looks. They dry quickly and have a nice thigh-skimming design that provides equal parts coverage and flexibility during Sun Salutations and beyond.
Best for Training:
License to Train Short
The abrasion resistance of this fabric is its most impressive attribute, yet it’s still soft and breathable enough to sport comfortably on a regular basis. It can resist tearing from barbells or hiking adventures. Plus, the Luxtreme fabric liner wicks away sweat and prevents odors.
We love the streamlined fit for the gym that allows full airlfow in the thigh and glute area. The mesh waistband dries super quickly and the pockets are extra secure.
- Highly reviewed by weightlifters and male yogis
- Quality fit and feel
- Super flexible and comfortable
- Breathable liner that won’t ride up
- Great for workouts or lounging
- May run large
- Rides down if the drawcord isn’t secured
BALEAF Men's 7" Running Shorts with Mesh Liner Zipper Pocket for Athletic Workout Gym Black MediumSee latest price
These lightweight running and training shorts may not feel as luxurious as lululemons, but they are extremely lightweight and comfortable. At a fraction of the price, they perform exceptionally well. We especially enjoy the supportive liner that isn’t too loose nor too tight.
Best for Stretching:
Pace Breaker Lined Short
Dudes who need to get in a good stretch will sincerely appreciate how lightweight and flexible these shorts are. They are made with lululemon’s Swift fabric and a 100% recycled polyester blend. The classic fit looks nice enough to wear out to lunch, yet feels comfortable enough to stretch out on your yoga mat. The extra deep front pockets securely hold your phone and wallet.
- Multi-sport functionality
- Featherweight Swift material
- Durable and reliable construction
- Super comfortable for a variety of settings
- Aesthetically pleasing enough to wear outside the gym
- Very quick drying
- Deep front pockets
- Liner may loosen over time
- Improper washing results in pilling
Meripex Apparel Men's Freeballer 6" Running Performance Sport Shorts (Large, Khaki)See latest price
At under $40, this Pace Breaker alternative is the perfect hybrid short. It has a 6″ inseam that shows just enough without feeling revealing for men on the mat. Whether you’re doing yoga, running, or training, the compression liner moves with you and keeps you cool. We love the huge array of color options.
Best for Running:
Fast & Free Lined Short
Made for serious runners, these lined shorts keep everything contained while you jog and sprint. The perforated fabric and split-hem fit has all the airflow you could possibly need. We love the secure quick-drying mesh liner, waistband loops, and zippered pocket that keeps your keys in place without bouncing.
- Extra fast drying fabric
- 3D crotch pouch for breathable support
- Flat-locked seams to reduce chafing
- Built in pockets for phone and keys
- Loop for your shirt
- Hem may be too short for some men
- Error in manufacturing: some customers received pockets with holes. Check yours when you receive them and return in store if needed.
- High price point
Best for Workwear:
Lulu isn’t only for workouts! These crossover shorts are nice enough for business casual and on-the-go. Yet they simultaneously pack all the sports performance technology of their top-rated workout lines. If you want to look nice while keeping odors, sweat-stains, and discomfort at bay, these are the shorts for you!
- Business-casual chino look
- Professional enough to wear to the office
- Secure pockets
- Stretchy, comfortable fabric for daily agenda
- WovenAir breathable technology
- Naturally wrinkle free
- Inconsistent colors/patterns
- Not as durable as other options
CRZ YOGA Men's Stretch Golf Shorts - 7''/9'' Slim Fit Waterproof Athletic Casual Work Shorts with...See latest price
These slim fit waterproof casual shorts have all the same benefits as the Commission shorts, but with a cheaper fabric. This budget option matches the same chino vibe with 4-way stretch and quick-drying fabrics.
Best for Casual Wear:
Bowline Short 8″ Stretch Ripstop
These are arguably lululemon’s best men’s casual shorts because they go so perfectly with a sweatshirt, button-up, or tee. They’re water-resistant and made of a ripstop fabric that holds up on the go. We love the drawstring waistband, hidden pockets for all your small stuff, and back zippered pocket for secure phone storage.
- Sleek casual fit
- Versatile athleisure uses
- Very comfortable and easy to wear
- More affordable price point
- May run small
Best Boxer Shorts:
Always in Motion Boxers
No yoga wardrobe is complete without smooth, moisture-wicking boxers that flow with your body. These boxers have an ergonomic design and the highest-quality performance fabric for working out, running, or daily wear.
- Super soft modal fabric
- Ergonomic and comfortable
- Supportive and breathable pouch
- Dry extremely quickly
- Fabric from responsibly sourced natural wood material
- Not super durable
- Require special washing care
Best Men’s Hot Yoga Shorts:
Everlux Yoga Short 5″
There’s no shame in showing off those yogi legs! If you are a diehard hot yoga fan, you know that the ladies wear spandex for a reason. These men’s tight-fitting yoga shorts keep you concealed while hugging close to the body. They’re perfectly stretchy, quick-drying, and odor-resistant.
- Extra airy for hot yoga
- Everlux fabric dries sweat almost instantly
- Back pocket
- Silicone grippers to keep the shorts in place
- Tight spandex-like fit
Anthem Athletics Solstice Mens Yoga Shorts 5 Inch Inseam – Side Pockets - Workout, Running, Gym,...See latest price
These budget-friendly spandex shorts are similar to the Everlux Short, yet slightly looser and with a visible waistband. They won’t reveal too much or hold onto moisture during the sweatiest flow sessions. We love how soft and slim they are.
Do lululemon mens shorts have pockets?
Most men’s lululemon shorts have built-in pockets for storing all the essentials. T.H.E. Linerless Shorts have the highest reviews for their 2 side pockets and zippered hidden pocket.
At the end of the day, lululemon isn’t only for women. In fact, their men’s line