We all crave that one pair of perfect leggings…
The ones that you always reach for when you look in your closet.
The ones you can depend on whether you’re flowing through sun salutations or running errands around town.
If you’re sick of low quality leggings that “pill” in the wash, become see-through when you squat, show unsightly sweat stains, or give you a dreaded camel toe at the worst moments… then it’s time you finally consider investing in the quality that every legging-lover deserves.
I know, I know. Why would you spend nearly $100 on a pair of lululemon leggings? We’ve all heard the hype. How about an honest look at whether or not these luxury yoga pants are really worth the price?
Here’s everything you need to know about Lulu’s signature leggings, plus the top 5 cheap alternatives for yogis on a budget.
- 1 Are lululemon Align Leggings worth it?
- 2 Whats the difference between lululemon Align and Wunder?
- 3 Align Leggings Fabric
- 4 Align Leggings Sizing and Fit
- 5 Align Leggings Inseam Options
- 6 Align Color Options
- 7 How to Care for Align Leggings
- 8 Top 5 lululemon Align Leggings Budget alternatives
- 8.1 What leggings are most like lululemon Align?
- 8.2 CRZ YOGA High Waisted Workout Leggings - Yoga Athletic Naked Feeling Soft Pants for Women 7/8 Olive...
- 8.3 90 Degree By Reflex High Waist Power Flex Tummy Control Leggings - Apple Butter - XS
- 8.4 Colorfulkoala Women's Buttery Soft High Waisted Yoga Pants Full-Length Leggings (M, Havelock Blue)
- 8.5 HeyNuts Leggings with Pockets for Women, High Waisted 7/8 Leggings Tummy Control Compression Workout...
- 8.6 Yogalicious High Waist Ultra Soft Lightweight Leggings - High Rise Yoga Pants - Zephyr Ankle Length...
- 9 FAQs
Are lululemon Align Leggings worth it?
Ringing in at nearly $98, the
When I got my first pair, I literally wore them for a week straight (washing in between, of course). They feel soft enough for lounging in yet look chic enough for wearing out-and-about.
But the real kicker is how well the Aligns perform on the mat and on the go. They wick away sweat like no other and maintain that high quality thickness that gives you the confidence to stretch freely (without worrying about revealing too much).
If you’re looking for “less stress more sweat”, lululemon’s
Whats the difference between lululemon Align and Wunder?
lululemon’s Align collection is designed specifically for yoga and low impact workouts, whereas the Wunder Under line is engineered for training and high impact workouts.
The primary difference between them is the fabric:
- Align Collection = Nulu fabric (weightless, buttery soft fabric with extra stretch)
- Wunder Under Collection = Everlux fabric (fastest drying, supportive fabric)
Both Align leggings and Wunder Under can be great for a yoga practice or gym routine, however they also differ in their overall aesthetic:
- lululemon Align High Rise leggings have a sleek, minimal seam look that is versatile both on and off the mat. These are best for transitioning into everyday wear.
- Wunder Under leggings are more traditional workout leggings perfect for the gym. They have more noticeable seams that are best for intense weightlifting and training.
Align Leggings Fabric
Lulu’s innovative Nulu fabric is what makes the Align collection so decadent to practice in. This trademarked signature fabric is so buttery soft it feels like luxury on your skin.
What sets Align leggings apart from the cheaper alternatives is the superfine fibers, brushed finish, and minimal seams. This creates the ultimate stretch, shape retention, and durability in the wash. You can feel that unending smoothness as you twist and bend without every feeling restricted.
The weightless Nulu fabric is the most breathable material on the market, specially engineered with lululemon’s “science of feel” to provide you the most sweat-wicking, cooling, and free-flowing practice as possible.
Align Leggings Sizing and Fit
Like most of their clothing, the lululemon Align High Rise pants and leggings typically run true to size. But, we all know that Lulu does their own thing with sizing.
For example, someone who is usually a 23-24″ waist would wear a size 2 in the Align leggings. A 32-33″ waist would wear a size 12.
Refer to their size chart for more details. For curvy body types, they’ve even added a “contour fit”, which has adjusted a narrow waistband and more room in the hips and thighs.
If you’re in between sizes, it’s best to size down for a snugger fit. The great thing about the Align leggings is they are extraordinarily stretchy, so you can get away with a compressive fit and still get in your flow.
Align Leggings Inseam Options
Whether you’re seeking standard full length leggings or an ankle-skimming cut, Lulu has you covered.
Another thing we love about these leggings is that the six inseam options- 17″, 21″, 23″, 25″, 28″, and 31″ cover the short gals all the way up to the extra tall yogis.
Depending on your height, you can opt for a calf-complimenting crop or a warm full length fit.
Align Color Options
lululemon has an ever-expanding array of vibrant colors and patterns, as well as your classic solids and the ever-stylish black legging. There are often discounted seasonal colors and unique patterns in their “We Made Too Much” sale section as well.
How to Care for Align Leggings
Like most Lulu gear, you should take special care to wash your Aligns so they last forever (or at least 5 years or so).
The secret to maintaining the highest quality leggings over time is taking an extra moment to wash them properly:
- Turn inside out
- Machine wash cold
- Wash with like colors (beware of dyes in the first wash)
- Wash separately with workout gear only
- Avoid washing with jeans or cotton
- Never use fabric softeners
- Hang to dry
Top 5 lululemon Align Leggings Budget alternatives
If $98 really isn’t in your budget, you can still enjoy a similar vibe for less than a quarter of the price. These Align alternatives may not be as ultra-high quality, but they look and feel surprisingly similar to the real thing.
What leggings are most like lululemon Align?
- Highest Rated Align alternative: CRZ YOGA Women’s Naked Feeling Workout Leggings
- Best Align Look Alike: 90 Degree by Reflex High Waisted Power Flex Tummy Control Leggings
- Best Extra Soft Align alternative: Colorfulkoala Women’s Buttery Soft High Waisted Yoga Pants Full-Length Leggings
- Best Tummy Control Align alternative: HeyNuts Hawthorn Athletic Women’s Essential High Waisted Yoga Leggings with Side Pockets
- Best No-Roll Align alternative: Yogalicious High Waisted Squat Proof Lux Ankle Leggings for Women
Highest Rated Align alternative:
CRZ YOGA High Waisted Workout Leggings - Yoga Athletic Naked Feeling Soft Pants for Women 7/8 Olive...See latest price
With over 28,000 positive reviews on Amazon, there’s no denying that CRZ YOGA struck gold with this Align alternative. At $30 or less, this is one of the cheapest, yet highest quality pairs of leggings out there.
Best Align Look Alike:
90 Degree By Reflex High Waist Power Flex Tummy Control Leggings - Apple Butter - XSSee latest price
This alternative is even cheaper than CRZ and has a fabric composition that’s more similar to the lululemon Align High Rise Legging. The 87% nylon, 13% spandex blend is sweat wicking, buttery smooth, and feels surprisingly reminiscent of the weightless Nulu fabric. The overall aesthetic is virtually indistinguishable from Lulu at a distance. We love that they’re under $25 and squat-proof.
Best Extra Soft Align alternative:
Colorfulkoala Women's Buttery Soft High Waisted Yoga Pants Full-Length Leggings (M, Havelock Blue)See latest price
Colorfukoala is another Amazon brand with a cult following. With over 43,000 positive reviews, these leggings are also an incredible under $25 Align alternative. The nylon and spandex blend feels like wearing nothing and has a flatlock seam construction for ultimate comfort. While they may not last as long as the brand name version, these full length leggings are undeniably a bargain. They’re as comfortable as leggings can get at this price point.
Best Tummy Control Align alternative:
HeyNuts Leggings with Pockets for Women, High Waisted 7/8 Leggings Tummy Control Compression Workout...See latest price
If you feel like lululemon bottoms give you a muffin top, you’ll love how this alternative complements a curvy body type and isn’t too tight around the midsection. The high rise tummy control waistband is extra wide and comfortable.
Best No-Roll Align alternative:
Yogalicious High Waist Ultra Soft Lightweight Leggings - High Rise Yoga Pants - Zephyr Ankle Length...See latest price
It can be difficult to find Align alternatives that actually stay up as well as the real thing. Yogalicious delivers with these no-roll high rise yoga pants that you can machine wash.
These leggings are buttery soft and breathable enough to wear in the summer. They feel almost as luxuriously smooth as the Aligns, but at a fraction of the price.
Is lululemon getting rid of Align?
lululemon’s Align continues to be among their top seller and most popular yoga style legging. This signature line has new styles added on a regular basis and includes the Align High Rise Pant, leggings, shorts, joggers, sports bras, and tops, all of which are made with their trademarked Nulu breathable buttery soft fabric.
Should I size up or down for lululemon Align?
lululemon Align bottoms typically run true to size. If you are in between sizes or prefer a more compressive, tight fit, we recommend sizing down.