Although the chakra system cannot be scientifically proven, we can access a great deal of knowledge about the mysterious energy centers thanks to ancient yogic texts and teachings. It is said that you can heal your chakras through yoga, meditation, crystals, and even specific colored foods. However, one of the most accessible techniques for balancing and healing chakras is using chakra affirmations.
Using positive affirmations is a popular mindset tool in the personal development industry, with celebrities like Jim Carrey and Oprah Winfrey claiming to use them. So, how exactly can affirmations affect the subtle body and realign the seven chakras? Let’s find out.
- 1 What are chakra affirmations?
- 2 Do affirmations actually work?
- 3 Root chakra affirmations
- 4 Sacral chakra affirmations
- 5 Solar Plexus chakra affirmations
- 6 Heart chakra affirmations
- 7 Throat chakra affirmations
- 8 Third Eye chakra affirmations
- 9 Crown chakra affirmations
- 10 How do I practice chakra affirmations?
- 11 Final thoughts on chakra affirmations
What are chakra affirmations?
The New Age terminology of affirmations describes them as positive statements that help you challenge and overcome negative thoughts. They usually start with the words “I am,” followed by the energy of quality you want to cultivate.
Positive affirmations help reprogram the subconscious mind and are commonly used in various types of therapy, such as Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). They are also an essential part of the Law of Attraction teachings, believed to contain the power to rewire the brain and assist in paradigm-shifting.
It is unknown when people first started using affirmations to work on the chakras. Still, it is believed that speaking powerful statements (either in your head or aloud) can direct healing vibrations to the chakras. Chakra affirmations reflect the qualities and energy of a particular chakra. Therefore, it is best to use these statements on the energy centers you believe are unbalanced.
Let’s use the root chakra to illustrate what a chakra affirmation is. If the root chakra is unbalanced, a person would feel unsafe and fearful, lacking stability and security. This could relate to their physical home, finances, or how they feel within themselves. So repeating a positive affirmation like “I am safe and secure” sends signals to your brain to reprogram your conditioning of feeling unsafe while sending healing vibrations to the Muladhara energy center.
Do affirmations actually work?
While scientists may not be able to prove the chakra system exists, they have found evidence that affirmations activate the parts of the brain associated with self-related processing and reward. This means that repeating positive statements can improve one’s self-image and boost confidence by changing the neural pathways in the brain. In addition, the activation of the reward circuits can decrease emotional pain and improve emotional stability.
When it comes to the chakra system, there is no way to measure affirmations’ effect on your subtle body. However, research suggests that if you want to cultivate the particular energy of a chakra, such as the heart chakra’s self-love, or the solar chakra’s confidence, affirmations can rewire your brain so that you believe you do possess that quality.
Nevertheless, it’s important to note that scientists only found proof of the effectiveness of affirmations when they are used repeatedly and regularly. Therefore, stating a positive statement once or twice is unlikely to have any long-lasting effect.
Root chakra affirmations
The root chakra (Muladhara) is responsible for our sense of safety and security. If your root chakra is balanced, you’ll feel protected, stable, and grounded. You won’t find it difficult to trust others and will feel at peace that all your basic needs are met.
However, if the root chakra is unbalanced, you may feel vulnerable and unsafe in the world and have a fearful, untrustworthy attitude towards others. In addition, this energy center can become blocked in situations like housing or financial crises, so root chakra affirmations may be helpful if you’ve recently experienced something that has “up-rooted” you.
The root chakra is located at the base of the spine and associated with the earth element, which has very grounded energy. Here are some of the most common root chakra affirmations.
- I am safe and grounded.
- I have a right to be here.
- I am at home, wherever I am.
- I deserve to be safe at all times.
- I have everything I need.
- I trust in the good of the world.
- I am free of fear and anxiety.
- I am at home in my body.
- I am strong, steady, and grounded.
- I am always supported and protected.
Sacral chakra affirmations
The sacral chakra (Svadhishthana) governs our emotions, pleasures, and passions. It is linked to creativity and sexual desires. A person with a healthy, balanced sacral chakra can freely and openly feel joy and regulate their emotions.
If there is a blockage in your sacral chakra, you might have trouble allowing yourself to feel happiness and pleasure, lack creativity, have a low sex drive, and struggle to control your emotions.
The Svadhishthana is located in the lower abdomen and is associated with the flow-like qualities of the water element. Using sacral chakra affirmations can help you better deal with the highs and lows of life and improve your self-image. Here are 10 sacral chakra affirmations to help you release blockages of the second chakra.
- I am open to the flow of creativity.
- I deeply respect and honor my sacred body.
- I am comfortable in my body, and I treat it with care.
- I am a lovable and desirable being.
- I am creative, passionate, and inspired.
- I make space in my life for play.
- I am a sensual being full of passion.
- I let go of past feelings that no longer serve me
- I embrace intimacy with others.
- Unconditional joy is my birthright.
Solar Plexus chakra affirmations
The solar plexus chakra (Manipura) is the center of our personal power. It is responsible for our self-belief and confidence and contains fiery energy that pushes us forward in life. A person with a balanced solar plexus chakra will have high self-esteem and feel courageous, determined, and optimistic. They will be able to pick themselves back up after a failure and try again.
However, if your Manipura chakra is weak, you will likely lack confidence and courage, have low self-esteem, and feel fearful about taking risks and putting yourself out there. Using solar plexus chakra affirmations can help you believe in yourself more.
The solar plexus chakra is located in the upper abdomen and is linked to the fire element and the sun. Here are some helpful solar plexus chakra affirmations for balance and healing.
- I am strong, powerful, and confident.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am motivated, persistent, and resilient.
- No obstacle is too big to overcome.
- I will not settle for less than I deserve.
- I hold the key to my own happiness.
- I confidently and fearlessly believe in myself.
- I release all fear and self-limitations.
- I can accomplish incredible things.
- I am worthy of my dreams.
Heart chakra affirmations
The heart chakra (Anahata) governs all matters of the heart, such as love, forgiveness, compassion, and understanding. For example, an open heart chakra allows you to let go of past hurts, love yourself unconditionally and be open to giving and receiving love from others.
A closed or blocked Anahata chakra makes it challenging to accept or feel love. You may also struggle to release grudges or be unable to empathize with other people. Using heart chakra affirmations will help you focus on the beauty in life and experience gratitude, slowly opening your heart to love and connection.
The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest and linked to the element of air. Here are 10 heart chakra affirmations to invoke more love, compassion, and gratitude.
- I am fully open to giving and receiving love.
- I am worthy of the purest love
- I release and let go of all resentment.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes.
- I feel compassion for myself and others.
- I am grateful for everything in my life.
- My heart is full of unconditional love for all beings.
- I choose to love every single day.
- I create loving and supportive relationships.
- It is safe for me to love and be loved.
Throat chakra affirmations
The throat chakra (Vishuddha) is the communication center that helps us voice our opinions and speak our truth without fear. An open throat chakra also allows us to listen to others with respect and articulate our responses well.
If your Vishuddha chakra is blocked, you’ll likely struggle to speak up and ask for what you truly want. Alternatively, you might find you talk over others and cannot accept contrasting opinions. Either way, throat chakra affirmations can help you cultivate better communication skills.
The throat chakra is located at the base of the throat and is linked to the ether element. The following 10 throat chakra affirmations may be beneficial for blockages here.
- I am a clear and effective communicator.
- I express myself clearly and openly.
- I speak my truth without fear.
- My words are powerful.
- My voice matters.
- When I speak, others listen.
- I value the opinions of others and listen attentively.
- I remain true to myself in all that I say and do.
- I express myself with ease.
- I find creative ways to express myself.
Third Eye chakra affirmations
The third eye chakra (Ajna) governs our vision, intuition, truth, and clarity. An open third eye chakra helps us listen to the guidance from the universe, spotting signs and omens. It also helps us connect with our inner wisdom, visualize our dreams, and manifest our desires.
If your third eye chakra is closed, you’ll struggle to tap into your intuition or feel any connection with the divine. As a result, you may feel lost and have difficulty visualizing things, and your memory or physical vision may suffer. Third eye chakra affirmations can help you connect to your inner wisdom and sense your intuition so that you can trust the path ahead of you.
The following 10 third eye chakra affirmations can help you open this energy center for a deeper spiritual connection.
- I am wise, intuitive, and connected to my inner guidance.
- My mind is strong, open, and clear.
- I am connected to my higher power.
- I trust my intuition to guide me in making good decisions.
- My imagination is vast, expansive, and endless.
- My mind is free of resistance and open to all possibilities.
- I am open-minded and always seek the truth.
- I embrace creative and imaginative thinking.
- I release doubt and welcome faith.
- I am aligned with my highest and most authentic self.
Crown chakra affirmations
The crown chakra (Sahasrara) is the last of the seven main chakras, located at the top of the head. It is associated with spiritual connection and enlightenment. For most people, this is the toughest chakra to open, but crown chakra affirmations can help to deepen one’s connection to the spiritual world.
If someone’s crown chakra is completely closed off, they will reject the existence of divine energy and be close-minded to new perspectives and beliefs. However, once the crown chakra starts to open up, you’ll access higher states of consciousness, eventually leading to a spiritual awakening. Try these crown chakra affirmations to connect to your divine being.
- I am a spiritual being in a human body.
- I am protected and guided by the universe.
- I honor the sacred divinity that exists within me.
- My highest self guides my actions and decisions.
- Every day, I feel more connected to my spirit.
- I release doubt and welcome faith.
- I am open to new knowledge and ideas.
- The light and energy of the universe flow within me.
- I release the need to control my life, surrendering to the divine light.
- I am pure, beautiful, radiant light.
How do I practice chakra affirmations?
To help you get the most out of your chakra affirmations, we’ve broken down exactly how to use positive statements to balance and align your chakras.
Choose the correct affirmation for you
Before you begin, you should get clear on your intention. It’s best to focus on one chakra rather than mix the qualities of several chakras into one affirmation.
To find the best affirmation for you, determine which energy center you feel is most out of balance. If you think two or more of your chakras are unbalanced, think about which one negatively affects you the most. Alternatively, start with the lowest one in the chakra system order.
You can use one of the above powerful chakra affirmations or create your own. Just be sure to stay on the topic of that chakra’s qualities. When crafting your chakra affirmation, you should keep it short and concise.
You should state your affirmations aloud for at least a few minutes twice a day. Many people speak their chakra affirmations while doing everyday tasks such as making a cup of tea or waiting for their bread to toast. Finding a way to incorporate it into your life that works for you is essential for long-term success, as you essentially need to build a habit of using affirmations.
As a guideline, you should aim for 3 to 5 minutes (or 10 times) of stating your affirmation on each occasion. As you get used to it, you can increase the duration. You can also repeat your statement in your head throughout the day or whenever you need a boost of positive energy.
Embody the emotion
While regular repetition is vital to using chakra affirmations effectively, you won’t get any benefits if you are not present. So try to give your full attention to the words and focus on the emotion of the affirmation. For example, if your statement is about communicating confidently and with ease, try to envision how that feels as you say it.
State your affirmation in the present tense
It’s essential to state chakra affirmations in the present tense because the purpose is to feel that you already have the quality you are communicating. So instead of saying, “I will be confident and courageous,” you should say, “I am confident and courageous.” Moreover, the statement “I am” completely embodies the quality, so it is more potent than the similar one “I feel.”
When using any technique to balance and heal chakras, you should keep your expectations realistic. Positive affirmations are not magic spells, so don’t expect to unblock a chakra in just a few days. Just as reprogramming your subconscious mind takes time, so does breaking through energetic blockages.
There is no set time for how long it takes to see results either, as it varies from person to person. However, some mindset coaches say it takes between 28 days and 60 days for them to work.
Final thoughts on chakra affirmations
Using powerful affirmations is one of the most accessible chakra balancing and healing tools. It only requires a few minutes of your time, but with consistent practice, you may feel your chakra system realigning. Affirmations flood our bodies and minds with positive energy, so if you’re looking for a way to bring balance to your subtle body, why not commit to a 60-day chakra affirmation practice?
1 thought on “The Most Powerful Chakra Affirmations And How To Use Them”
Nice. Purely loved the article.