Have you ever walked into a room and instantly felt bad vibes? Although everything looked fine, something about being in that space made you feel uneasy, and you immediately wanted to leave?
Energy is everywhere. It fills every space in the universe, including outside in nature, inside our homes, and in our bodies. While energy can neutral, it is often charged, giving off good or bad vibes. This means that the energy within us and our own homes can be either positive or negative. If it’s the latter, it can cause many unpleasant symptoms.
This article will explain how to determine if there are negative energies in your home or your body. I’ll then share how to get rid of the bad energy and stop the vicious cycle of negativity.
- 1 Signs You Have Bad Energies In Your Home
- 2 Signs You Have Negative Energies In Your Body
- 3 How To Clear Negative Energy From Your Home
- 4 How To Cleanse Your Energy Field
- 5 Final Thoughts On Negative Energy Cleansing
Signs You Have Bad Energies In Your Home
So how can you tell whether there is negative energy in your living environment? Positive energy gives you a sense of safety, peace, and ease. But if it’s negative, you might experience some of the following things:
- Feeling tense and unable to relax
- Feeling tired all the time
- Lack of motivation
- Getting sick frequently
- Having nightmares or insomnia
- Having lots of arguments and miscommunications with your family members
- Foul odors in the home
Signs You Have Negative Energies In Your Body
Sometimes the negative energy comes not from our environment but from ourselves. It can be challenging to determine where it resides as the signs can be similar. However, if it’s in your body, you’ll likely experience some of the following things.
- Difficulty sleeping
- Getting sick frequently
- Struggling to focus
- Lacking clarity
- Having lots of sad, anxious, or troubled thoughts
- Struggling to see the good in things
- Self-destructive thoughts or self-sabotaging actions
- Uncontrollable anger and mood swings
- Feeling low confidence and low self-worth
- Lacking purpose and feeling hopeless
Energy is contagious, so you can absorb it from another person and then spread it into your home. What’s more, if you live or work in an environment with bad energy, you’ll likely “catch” it and bring it into your body.
Because of this, you should carry out negative energy cleansing on your home and aura. In the next section, I’ll share how to do this.
How To Clear Negative Energy From Your Home
The good news is it is possible to clear negativity from any environment. So if you feel your home is causing you bad luck or misfortune, you don’t have to move house! Here’s what you can do instead.
Burning sage, also known as smudging, is one of the quickest yet most effective ways to clear negative energy in your environment. This energy cleansing technique is also one of the oldest ways to remove bad energy, as it was widely used by Native Americans.
The most popular way to do it is by using a sage bundle like this one by Purple Canyon. You can choose a set of between 1 to 6 bundles, each measuring around 4 inches.
If you cannot get your hands on a sage bundle, you can burn incense instead, using a sage incense stick. I love using Bless White Sage Incense Sticks as they are 100% natural and handmade by rolling them in essential oils and soaking them for a minimum of 48 hours. Each stick burns for around 45 minutes, but the scent remains in your home for up to 24 hours.
After clearing negative energy with sage, consider smudging with Palo Santo. Palo Santo is a fragrant wood native to South America that promotes positivity. Unlike sage, it cannot remove negative energy but is excellent at increasing positive vibes. So combining them both makes a vigorous energy cleanser for the environment and your aura.
Palo Santo comes in thick sticks, like this pack of 20 from LotsOfZen. These 100% natural sticks are sourced from Peru and are cut from trees at the end of their life cycle, not from living trees.
Use incense, sticks, and bundles the same way:
- Light it, let it burn for a few seconds, and then blow it out – There should then be a small continuous trail of smoke.
- Walk around your space with it to waft the scent and the energy-cleansing qualities. Be sure to wave it around all rooms, including all corners of each room.
- You can let it burn in the room you feel has the most negative energy or the room you spend the most time in, such as the lounge or bedroom.
One thing to remember when burning sage is to keep some windows open to allow sunlight and fresh air to enter. This will help to clear negative energy further and infuse your space with new, positive energy.
Using Salt Lamps
Salt lamps are well known for purifying the air, but they can also help to reduce stress and negative vibes. This is because salt lamps release negatively charged ions that attract airborne pollutants like allergens, toxins, and bacteria and alter their chemical charge.
Salt is widely known to absorb negative energy. In many cultures, people pour salt at their front door to prevent negative energy from entering their homes. Thus, by using a salt lamp, you may be purifying more than just the air.
I use the Himalayan Glow Salt Lamp, made from natural salt crystals hand mined in the Himalayan Mountains. When lit, it emits a calming amber color, ideal for yoga and meditation or in the bedroom to help you wind down at night.
Bringing some house plants into your living space is another way to get rid of bad vibes and increase good energy. Like salt lamps, plants have natural purifying properties, increasing the air quality and energy flow in an indoor space. So which plants should you choose?
According to Vastu Shastra, an ancient Indian science similar to Feng Shui, bamboo plants symbolize good luck, wealth, growth, and success. To maximize positive energy flow, put this plant in the east or southeast direction.
What’s so great about bamboo plants is that they are incredibly low maintenance, so you don’t need to have green fingers to keep them alive. They also grow in water, not soil. You can buy bundles of bamboo stalks to pot yourself or an already potted bamboo like this one from Arcadia Garden.
A cactus is another excellent plant to have around to improve your well-being. Cactuses are said to help absorb negative feelings and soak up all the harmful electromagnetic energy from the electronic devices in your home. Thus, if you sleep with your phone next to your bed, make sure you have a cactus nearby too.
Finally, Aloe Vera is known to help remove unwanted energy and improve our mood. It can fight bad luck, has healing properties, and removes polluting chemicals from the environment. Aloe Vera plants are also low maintenance, as you only need to water them about once every two weeks. Just be sure to put your plant next to a large window in direct sunlight.
How To Cleanse Your Energy Field
Incorporating some of the practices below into your daily life will help keep negative feelings and stress at bay and positive vibes strong.
Using affirmations regularly is one of the best ways to clear negative thoughts from your mind and replace them with positive ones. If you are trying to make a positive change in your life but are riddled with self-sabotaging ideas, introduce positive affirmations into your morning routine.
Some people like to choose one affirmation they resonate with and repeat it to themselves multiple times in the mirror each morning. Other people prefer to use affirmations cards where they pick a positive statement for the day, like an intention. I particularly like the Happier Me Affirmation Cards by Ariond. Each card has a short statement on the front and some words of wisdom on the back.
Working With Crystals
Crystals are widely used in spiritual practice as each stone has unique qualities and properties. For example, some can help to neutralize negative energy while others can help to boost your mood and positivity.
Black tourmaline is known for its protecting and grounding qualities. It soaks up negative energy from your aura and protects you from absorbing other people’s energy. Its power is magnified when paired with selenite, which helps to raise your vibrations.
You can buy raw crystals and hold them while you meditate or keep them next to you while you sleep. You can also wear them as jewelry for on-the-go aura cleansing. However, always ensure you buy authentic, raw stones. I recommend the AYANA Raw Black Tourmaline Necklace, which is handmade using ethically sourced, pure natural tourmaline and has a money-back guarantee.
Using Essential Oils
Essential oils are another tool for dispelling negative or stagnant energy from your body, mind, or environment. Like crystals, specific essential oils are good for energy cleansing, such as Lemongrass, Cypress, Frankincense, Eucalyptus, Lavender, and Sweet Orange.
Frankincense is the essential oil most known for purification and has been used for centuries in religious ceremonies. I use the 100% Pure & Natural Frankincense Essential Oil by Handcraft Blends, which is premium therapeutic grade and tested by an independent lab with a quality guarantee.
There are various ways you can use essential oils:
- Put a drop on your wrist and inhale it throughout the day.
- Diffuse it using an aromatherapy diffuser.
- Add a few drops to your bath and feel all negative emotions wash away.
Along with using crystals or scents while you meditate, there are many guided meditations on releasing negative feelings and thoughts. These meditations may include the use of affirmations, breathwork, or visualization. Here is a short energy-clearing meditation you can try:
- First, find a comfortable seated position. Ensure your spine is straight, and your body is free from tension.
- Close your eyes and connect to your breath. Deepen and slow down your breathing, following it from inhale to exhale, and so on.
- After a few minutes, when you feel present and grounded, bring your awareness to the top of your head. Imagine a bright white cleansing energy coming down from the universe and entering your body through the top of your head.
- Envision this cleansing energy filling your entire head and face while removing any negative thoughts from your mind.
- Next, visualize this cleansing energy moving down your neck into your shoulders and chest. Watch it move further down your body and arms, filling every cell with positivity.
- As the force continues to travel downwards, feel it clear away any bad energy that may be present in your body.
- Once your entire body is full of this white cleansing energy, visualize the force expanding a few inches outside your body. See it fill your aura and cleanse any negative vibes that may be present there.
- Slowly envision the cleansing energy shrinking inwards and moving upwards. Watch it leave through the crown of your head and return to the universe.
- Sit for a few minutes, noticing any differences you may feel. Return to your breathing and your body, feeling your body’s connection to the earth. When you are ready, open your eyes.
Final Thoughts On Negative Energy Cleansing
Negative energy can affect us in more ways than we realize. It can be responsible for a bad day, not getting that new job we were perfectly qualified for, and even that cough we can’t shake off. However, regularly cleansing our bodies and homes can increase our mood, well-being, and prosperity.