Imagine yourself hanging from silks or suspended elegantly upside down in your favorite yoga pose. Aerial yoga is a unique exercise that offers incredible relief from back pain while also building core muscles and giving you the feeling of flying.
But the one major barrier to practicing aerial yoga is the suspension: how the heck can you trust a hook in the ceiling or a precarious tree branch with your entire body weight? That’s where a yoga trapeze stand or aerial yoga stand comes in. This freestanding aerial rig supports your yoga swing or trapeze, so you don’t have to worry about rigging equipment or ceiling hooks.
Whether you’ve been practice aerial yoga for awhile or you just bought your first yoga swing, a yoga trapeze stand allows you to practice indoors and outdoors. You can also use the trapeze stand as a pull up bar, hammock stand, or even to hang a punching bag.
We decided to check out the top 6 yoga trapeze stands to figure out which ones are really worth the money. While yoga trapeze stands are more expensive than suspension hooks or door frame aerial equipment, a stand is the safest and most durable option for any dedicated yoga aerialist.
- 1 Yoga Trapeze Stand Quick Picks
- 2 What is a Yoga Trapeze Stand?
- 3 Top 6 Best Yoga Trapeze Stands
- 4 #1- YOGABODY Yoga Trapeze Stand, Suitable for Aerial Silk, Yoga Swings, Stable Rock-Solid Aluminium,...
- 5 #2- KT Aerial Yoga Stand Frame Indoor Outdoor KT1.1518. Foldable, Portable Aerial Silk rig. Height...
- 6 #3- FlagHouse - Indoor/Outdoor Swing Frame - Standard Swing Size - Foldable Frame - 83(W) x7(D) x77(H)...
- 7 #4- Happybuy Yoga Sling Inversion, 9.6 FT Inversion Yoga Swing Stand 68lbs, 551lbs/250kg Aerial Yoga...
- 8 #5 – Omni Stand for Yoga Swings
- 9 #6- Uplift Active Adjustable Yoga Aerial Rig - Only Premium Home Yoga Stand with Adjustable Height |...
- 10 Benefits of Yoga Trapeze Stands
- 11 Types of Aerial Yoga Swing Stands
- 12 Things to Consider Before Buying a Yoga Swing Stand
- 13 FAQs
Yoga Trapeze Stand Quick Picks
- Best Overall: YOGABODY Yoga Trapeze Stand
- Most Compact: KT Aerial Yoga Stand
- Best Budget Option: FlagHouse Indoor/Outdoor Swing Frame
- Best All-In-One: HappyBuy Yoga Sling Inversion Stand
- Best for Indoor/Outdoor Use: Omni Stand for Yoga Swings
- Premium Stainless Steel Pick: Uplift Active Adjustable Yoga Aerial Rig
What is a Yoga Trapeze Stand?
A yoga trapeze stand is a freestanding metal, aluminum or steel platform that supports aerial yoga equipment like yoga silks, hammocks, and yoga swings. The stand allows you to practice aerial yoga without having to hook up to a ceiling, doorway, or tree. Yoga trapeze stands are the best option for people who:
- Rent their home
- Don’t want to drill into their ceiling
- Prefer indoor and outdoor use
- Prefer a freestanding aerial yoga setup
- Want a multifunctional workout base that can also be used for pull ups, punching bags, olympic hoops, and aerial yoga swings
Top 6 Best Yoga Trapeze Stands
|Product's name||Height||Height Adjustable?||Weight Capacity||Materials||More Info|
YOGABODY Yoga Trapeze Stand, Suitable for Aerial Silk, Yoga Swings, Stable...
|117.6 (9.8)||No||600||Aluminum metal alloy||See latest price|
KT Aerial Yoga Stand Frame Indoor Outdoor KT1.1518. Foldable, Portable...
|72.5 to 92.5 (6 to 7.7)||Yes||220||High strength alloy steel||See latest price|
|Best Budget Option|
FlagHouse - Indoor/Outdoor Swing Frame - Standard Swing Size - Foldable...
|77 (6.4)||No||200||Galvanized steel||See latest price|
Happybuy Yoga Sling Inversion, 9.6 FT Inversion Yoga Swing Stand 68lbs,...
|115.2 (9.6)||Yes||551||Threaded steel pipe||See latest price|
|Best for Indoor/Outdoor Use Omni Stand for Yoga Swings||711 or 83||No||300||Galvanized silve||View Product|
|Premium Stainless Steel Pick|
Uplift Active Adjustable Yoga Aerial Rig - Only Premium Home Yoga Stand...
|60 to 132 (5 to 11)||Yes||310||Stainless steel and magnesium alloy aluminum||See latest price|
We reviewed the top stands online to help you make the safest, most durable decision for your aerial yoga stand. After all, you won’t fully relax during your anti-gravity yoga practice if you don’t trust the structure you’re dangling from.
#1- YOGABODY Yoga Trapeze Stand, Suitable for Aerial Silk, Yoga Swings, Stable Rock-Solid Aluminium,...See latest price
YOGABODY has been a major name in the aerial fitness world for awhile because they have a reputation for durability and safety in all of their products. This yoga trapeze stand is no different: it has an ultra strong frame, sturdy constructions and 600 lb weight limit.
The YOGABODY yoga trapeze stand is super easy to install with 2 people in just 5 minutes. The dimensions are basically 3 meters cubed (9.8 x 9.8 x 9.8 feet), perfect for most adults. This is the most popular and reliable yoga swing stand on the market.
- Rock-solid design
- Aluminum-alloy metal
- Easy to setup
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Works well on uneven surfaces like grass
- Weight capacity up to 600 lbs
- Works with yoga swings, hammocks, Olympic Rings, aerial hoop, or pull ups
- Includes 1 year warranty for peace of mind
- Not height adjustable
- High price point
- Storage bags not included
- Not suitable for high velocity swinging back and forth
#2- KT Aerial Yoga Stand Frame Indoor Outdoor KT1.1518. Foldable, Portable Aerial Silk rig. Height...See latest price
If you’re looking for a yoga swing stand to use indoors or in a smaller space, the KT stand is much more compact than the Yogabody trapeze stand. It has an adjustable bar height between 72.8″ and 92.5″ so you can comfortably hang a yoga hammock but still fit it in most rooms without hitting the ceiling. The bottom spread range is also adjustable depending on your activity (yoga swing, hammock, silks, trapeze, pull-ups, etc.)
The KT aerial yoga stand is easy to set up and made of solid high-strength alloy steel. The frame is sturdy and won’t wobble at all. Yogis report that it feels super stable and durable. The company includes a 5 year warranty as a testament to its reliability.
Plus, this trapeze stand is also the most portable option because it can fold up in less than 10 seconds and can be moved to another room or into the corner.
- Most compact option
- Adjustable height and width
- Easy to assemble and move
- Portable and foldable
- High-strength alloy steel
- Works for aerial yoga silks, a yoga swing, hammock, pull-ups, hoops, etc.
- Very sturdy
- Can use indoors and outdoors
- Weight limit up to 220 lbs
- Installation hardware included
- May require extra fasteners/bolts during installation
- Needs to be protected from rain and snow
Best Budget Option
#3- FlagHouse - Indoor/Outdoor Swing Frame - Standard Swing Size - Foldable Frame - 83(W) x7(D) x77(H)...See latest price
If you can’t afford to drop a few hundred bucks on your yoga trapeze stand, this foldable swing frame is the best option. While not specifically designed for a yoga trapeze, it can accommodate all standard sized swing seats and rigging equipment.
The lightweight galvanized steel make it easier to construct and move with one person. It has a wide base for strong stability, but it isn’t recommended to perform any big swinging motions. This trapeze stand may wobble a bit during adult use, so some yogis add sandbags or weights on the bottom for added stability. It breaks down into pieces fairly easily for storage and portability.
- Most affordable option
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Galvanized steel pipe frame weighs about 35 lbs
- Max load of 200 lbs
- Not specifically designed for aerial yoga
- Less stable than other options
- Not to be left outside as permanent structure
#4- Happybuy Yoga Sling Inversion, 9.6 FT Inversion Yoga Swing Stand 68lbs, 551lbs/250kg Aerial Yoga...See latest price
This triangular A-frame style yoga trapeze stand includes a yoga swing with the purchase. The stand itself is made of .06″ thick steel pipe and threaded connections (no screws or installation hardware needed).
The structure is very sturdy and includes an anti-skid base as well as safety belts to keep everything in place as you move. The included yoga aerial yoga swing is made of a 20′ long high quality stretchy fabric that attaches to the trapeze stand rig with O-belts and carabiners.
- 9.6 feet tall
- Steel construction
- Triangular A-frame style for stability
- Yoga swing included (20 foot long silk)
- 551 lb capacity
- Easy setup
- Very sturdy
- Adjustable legs and height
- May rust in moist climates
- Heavy rig is more difficult to move
Best for Indoor/Outdoor Use
#5 – Omni Stand for Yoga Swings
If you love practicing aerial yoga out in nature, the Omni yoga trapeze stand is the rig for you. While it is more expensive than other options, the price is justified by the highest quality galvanized silver construction that won’t rust or break.
Thanks to the height options of 7’11” or 8’3″, you can use the Omni indoors and outdoors. Note that it’s not adjustable, but the company will specially make your trapeze stand shorter to accommodate low ceilings.
The unique rocket-shaped or teardrop style is a patented design that was designed by a physical therapist and spine care specialist named Tone Cardenas PT. This stand maximizes the functionality of aerial yoga without slacking on portability or safety. It is ultra stable and includes a built-in swivel for 360° spins. Plus, it’s beautiful and enjoyable to use. This is the most stable and portable design we’ve found.
- Won’t rust in outdoor use
- Compatible with yoga swing, hanging chair, punching bag, and aerial silks
- Allows for 360° swivel
- Max limit of 300 lbs
- Extremely stable circular base and rocket-shaped top
- Galvanized silver construction
- Order in 7’11” or 8’3″ height
- 1 year parts warranty
- High price point
- More complex to setup
- Stand itself weighs about 50 lbs
- Not height-adjustable
Premium Stainless Steel Pick
#6- Uplift Active Adjustable Yoga Aerial Rig - Only Premium Home Yoga Stand with Adjustable Height |...See latest price
The Uplift yoga trapeze stand takes the cake for the best premium option. It is stainless steel, adjustable, and perfectly portable with an included carrying bag.
The A-frame style construction can be used with aerial silks, static yoga trapeze, aerial hoop, and yoga hammocks. The telescoping legs allow for an adjustable height indoors or outdoors. It also is designed with convenient locking pins that are easy to secure and adjust without screws or tools
- Premium stainless steel and magnesium alloy aluminum construction
- Completely height adjustable from 5′ to 11′
- Fully adjustable top bar for easy rigging
- Two top bar connector rings can attach to any carabiner equipment
- Max weight limit of 310 lbs
- Includes silicon pads to prevent slipping or floor damage
- Lightweight frame is very portable
- Convenient locking pins for easy installation without screws
- Includes a carrying bag
- Highest price point
- Telescoping legs may be difficult to adjust
- Heavy rig weighs 60 lbs
Benefits of Yoga Trapeze Stands
Who knew hanging upside down could be so amazing for your health? The health benefits of inversion therapy has gained a lot of attention in recent years as aerial yoga and inversion yoga swings have become more widely available. Practicing aerial yoga can help lengthen the spine, improve posture, increase blood oxygen absorption and blood flow, reduce stress, and even improve your mood.
The spinal decompression is especially valuable for anyone who spends a lot of time sitting or hunched over. The yoga trapeze also offers the benefits of inversion without the risks of inverted yoga poses like handstands and headstands. It is the most accessible form of inversion therapy for beginners.
Types of Aerial Yoga Swing Stands
Most yoga swing stands have some variation of an A-frame construction, however new designs are coming to the market such as Omni’s teardrop-shaped trapeze stand. Some stands offer adjustable heights, while others are stagnant. There are also some brands with support bracing along the bottom, whereas others simply rely on non-skid foot pads and a rigid construction.
All aerial yoga swing stands should have a durable top bar that can attach various types of rigging equipment for yoga silks, hammocks, and aerial yoga swings. Depending on the width of the bottom structure, a yoga trapeze stand can also support active trapeze work, pull-ups, punching bags, and more heavy duty workouts. The Yogabody Yoga Trapeze stand offers the greatest weight capacity (600lbs) and has the widest floor stance for use on uneven surfaces outdoors.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Yoga Swing Stand
Before you dive into your first aerial yoga practice, it is important that you find the best yoga trapeze for your specific needs. This is a big investment that you will want to fully trust with your body weight and be able to use for years to come. Here’s a few things you should think about before taking the leap:
If you’re practicing indoors, this is the most important limiting factor for your yoga trapeze stand. The best yoga trapeze stands have adjustable heights for indoor or outdoor yoga. If you plan to keep your stand indoors and your ceilings are at least 8 feet tall, go for the KT Aerial Yoga Stand or Omni Stand for Yoga Swings (order in the shorter 7’11” height).
The weight capacity of aerial yoga stands can vary dramatically between brands. Some are as low as 200 lbs, while others are up to 600 lbs. Be sure that the yoga stand can support your full body weight, plus the weight of any yoga equipment (aerial hoop, static trapeze, silks, rigging gear, etc.) The highest weight capacity stand we’ve found is the YOGABODY Yoga Trapeze Stand.
Most trapeze stands are made of some sort of metal alloy. Aluminum tends to be the lightest weight and easiest to maneuver. Cheaper options are made of alloy steel that may rust in high humidity options. The highest quality stands have stainless steel or galvanized silver frames that can withstand prolonged outdoor use without rusting or scratching.
Yoga Swing Compatibility
Most aerial yoga stands don’t include the yoga swing itself, so you will want to make sure that your stand is compatible with your yoga hammock. Fortunately, the rigging equipment of most inversion yoga slings is pretty similar. If you’re trying to figure out the best inversion yoga swing to use with your aerial yoga stand, we reviewed the top 6 best aerial inversion yoga swings and detailed how to install them.
How tall should a yoga trapeze stand be?
Most yoga trapeze stands are between 7′ and 9′ tall, which is perfect for the average sized adult to use without their head touching the floor during inversions. The best yoga trapeze stands are height adjustable for indoor or outdoor use. Taller yogis will need a higher height to ensure they can comfortably hang upside down and perform aerial asanas.
Is yoga trapeze a good workout?
A yoga trapeze offers unparalleled spinal stretching and core conditioning. The unique rig allows you to practice asanas while suspended in the air on a swing, hammock, or silks. It can be an amazing workout if you opt for more rigorous aerial yoga flows and strengthening routines.