Keeping your playlists fresh is challenging for all yoga teachers.
Are my students as sick of these songs as I am?
Luckily, this article is full of yoga songs you can add to your collections.
In this article you will find:
- Most up to date vinyasa yoga playlist – 2018
- A modern yoga playlist – 2017
- My 700+ song mega playlist full of potential yoga songs to choose from
Before you go any further… I know what you’re wondering. Can I trust this random person on the internet’s taste in music…
What kind of music do I like?
I like upbeat music with an earth/eastern tone that you definitely won’t find on the radio. The majority of my playlists are full of vinyasa yoga music because that’s what I normally teach. I prefer instrumental or songs with very little lyrics. This eliminates potential distractions.
Music is my thing
I’ve been teaching yoga since 2013 and spend a lot of time crafting playlists to go with my classes. I keep this article up to date by continually adding my most up to date yoga music playlist for you 🙂
Let’s start with my most up to date playlist…
Yoga Flow Music #1 (vinyasa playlist 2018)
This is my most up to date playlist full of my best yoga flow music.
2018 vinyasa yoga music flow playlist at a glance…
- Number of songs: 12
- Total time: 61 minutes
- Type of music: Chilled out, electronic, acoustic
- Access: yoga playlist – Spotify
Vinyasa Yoga Playlist #2 (2017)
This playlist if full of the best yoga music from 2017.
Vinyasa yoga playlist at a glance…
- Number of songs: 14
- Total time: 65 minutes (extra 5 mins for extended Savasana)
- Type of music: music for yoga flow, chill, electronic, acoustic
- Purchase: via Amazon
Stream the 2017 yoga music playlist through Spotify
2017 Song Breakdown: 60 minute Vinyasa Class
Songs are available to purchase via Amazon & stream through Spotify.
- Dustin O’Halloran – We Move Lightly | Amazon | Spotify
- Desert Dwellers – Wandering Sadhu | Amazon | Spotify
- Thrupence – Thought 8 | Amazon | Spotify
- KAASI – Those Days | Amazon | Spotify
- Emancipator – Minor Cause | Amazon | Spotify
- Nosaj Thing ft Toro Y Moi – Try | Amazon | Spotify
- Lapa – Waves | Amazon | Spotify
- Stwo – Lovin U | Spotify
- Nick Leng – Tunnels and Planes | Amazon | Spotify
- Mtns – Fears | Spotify
- Chet Faker – Talk is Cheap | Spotify
- Rising Appalachia – Novels of Acquaintance | Amazon | Spotify
- Alexi Murdoch – Orange Sky | Amazon | Spotify
- Garth Stevenson – Flying | Amazon | Spotify
*If you purchase any songs through these links, we earn a small commission, at no extra charge to you. Support like this is how we continue to deliver free content to you!
700 Songs for Vinyasa Flow Yoga Music Inspiration…
Here’s a link to my ongoing yoga flow music playlist which I use for inspiration. There’s over 700 songs in here and I’m continually added new songs over time. You will find some popular yoga music but I try not to play “popular” stuff and I hope the vast majority will be new to you.
There is a mix of “modern yoga music” and some more ancient sounding “eastern spirituality” stuff as well. I also included some power yoga music with a little heavier beat. Fe
I’ve made countless yoga music playlists based off this pile of inspiration and hope you can too 🙂
Feel free to dig around and if you like what you hear, you’re welcome to “follow” the playlist on spotify if that’s your jam.
Tips for making a good yoga playlist
- Overlap / crossfade songs by 5-10 seconds to make the mix seamless (easy to do on both soundcloud and spotify)
- Make sure the songs match your sequence (gentle songs during the warm-up, etc)
- Make sure the playlist is longer than 60mins if you allow extended Savasana
- DOWNLOAD your playlist before class… don’t want any WIFI issues during class
- Vinyasa flow music benefits from fewer words (less distracting)
- Try to pick songs that aren’t as well known… again to minimize distraction
- Practice teach with your playlist on. You’ll pick up subtle cues in the music to guide your teaching, know when to transition, keep time, etc.
- The best vinyasa music keeps a steady beat/flow and has very few lyrics
Let’s Wrap Up…
Did you find what you were looking for? Aka the best yoga songs ever? lol.
Joking aside I sincerely hope this article helps you with your yoga playlists! Check back every so often as I continually add new music 🙂
You turn… Leave a comment below linking to a yoga flow playlist that you love! Sharing music makes my heart sing!