Hurdlers Pose (Eka Pada Koundiyanasana II)
- Strengthens the arms and wrists
- Tones stomach and spine
- Increases sense of balance
- With elbows bent straight back (think, chatarunga arms), shift weight forward until it’s balanced between your hands
- Place the back of your front thigh as high up as possible on the upper arm that it’s draped over
- Lift your chest until it’s about parallel to the floor
- Gaze can be forward or to the side
- Use blocks or other props to rest your legs on as you practice lifting them off the floor
- Practice crow and other arm balances to gain wrist and arm strength before trying this pose
- Practice straight and bent leg variations!
- Challenge yourself to hold this for 20 seconds or longer on each side!
- Practice anywhere! Even on a pool table…
Tell me, what has been the craziest place you’ve practiced this pose?