If you’re a dude wondering what the heck to wear to yoga class, we’ve all been there. Yoga is a bit different from your standard workout. It requires inverting, stretching, twisting, and- if you’re into hot yoga- insane amounts of sweat.
Regular old gym shorts could leave things hanging out that you’d rather keep hidden. On the flip side, classic sweat pants can be a major bummer when they start slowing down your Vinyasa flows or inhibiting your range of motion.
While the modern yoga industry has focused predominately on women’s wear, they’ve started upping their men’s game in recent years. After all, the amount of male yogis has skyrocketed 150% since 2012. The benefits of yoga for men include building and toning muscle, improving flexibility, and even increasing sexual performance. But first, you need some quality yoga gear to practice in.
If you’re looking for the best yoga pants for dudes, you’re in the right place. We tried and tested the top picks on the market and sorted them out based on your specific style and needs. No more chafing, sagging, riding up, or restricting your flexibility.
Here are the top 13 best men’s yoga pants available online and how to pick the best one for your practice.
- 1 Quick Picks
- 2 Top 13 Best Men’s Yoga Pants
- 2.1 Balancer Pant from Lululemon
- 2.2 BALEAF Men's Sweatpants Casual Lounge Cotton Pajama Yoga Pants Open Bottom Straight Leg Male Sweat...
- 2.3 prAna Men's Sutra Pant 32" Inseam, Cargo Green, X-Small
- 2.4 Sunday Performance Jogger by Vuori
- 2.5 prAna Men's Standard Vaha Pant, Gravel-Legacy, Medium/32 Inseam
- 2.6 Willit Men's Active Yoga Leggings Pants Running Dance Tights with Pockets Cycling Workout Pants...
- 2.7 Discipline Pant from Lululemon
- 2.8 Pudolla Men's Cotton Yoga Sweatpants Athletic Lounge Pants Open Bottom Casual Jersey Pants for Men...
- 2.9 HDE Mens 3/4 Pants Workout Jogger Yoga Capri Shorts with Pockets for Running
- 2.10 AITFINEISM Mens Cotton Baggy Hippie Boho Gypsy Aladdin Yoga Harem Pants (XX-Large, White)
- 2.11 CRZ YOGA Mens 4-Way Stretch Comfy Athletic Pants 30'' - Track Hiking Golf Gym Workout Joggers Work...
- 2.12 Stability 2-in-1 Pant by Alo Yoga
- 2.13 BALEAF Men's Yoga Leggings Active Tights with Pockets Running Athletic Compression Pants for Workout...
- 3 Buying Guide: How to Find the Best Yoga Pants for Men
- 4 Key Takeaways: The Best Yoga Pants for Men
- Best Overall: Balancer Pant from Lululemon
- Most Comfortable: BALEAF Men’s Cotton Yoga Sweatpants
- Best Natural Material: prAna Men’s Sutra Pant
- Best Jogger: Sunday Performance Jogger by Vuori
- Best Wide Leg: prAna Men’s Vaha Pant
- Best Compression Yoga Pants for Men: Willit Men’s Active Yoga Leggings Pants
- Best for Hot Yoga: Discipline Pant from Lululemon
- Best for Hatha or Yin Yoga: Pudolla Men’s Cotton Yoga Sweatpants
- Best Yoga Capri Pants: HDE Men’s 3/4 Workout Joggers Yoga Capri Pants
- Best Harem Pants: AITFINEISM Mens Cotton Baggy Hippie Harem Pants
- Best Multifunctional Yoga Pants: CRZ Yoga Men’s 4-Way Stretch Comfy Athletic Pants
- Best Yoga Pants and Yoga Shorts in One: Stability 2-in-1 Pant by Alo Yoga
- Budget Pick: BALEAF Men’s Yoga Leggings
Top 13 Best Men’s Yoga Pants
When you hear the word’s “yoga pants” you’re probably thinking skin tight Lululemon leggings. While there are some compression tights for male athletes, men’s yoga pants tend to run a little looser without swinging all the way into sweatpant mode. Perfectly designed with modern male yogis in mind, these pants hold up on the mat and look good enough to wear outside the studio.
|Product's Name||Fit||Fabric||Features||More Info|
|Best Overall |
Balancer Pant from Lululemon
|Slim tapered leg||Signature Lulu Everlux fabric||Specially sewn for mobility, elastic-free waistband||See Latest Price|
BALEAF Men's Sweatpants Casual Lounge Cotton Pajama Yoga Pants Open Bottom...
|Mid-slim sweatpant||Cotton blend||Big side pockets and internal drawstring||See latest price|
|Best Natural Material|
prAna Men's Sutra Pant 32" Inseam, Cargo Green, X-Small
|Casual comfortable fit||Hemp and recycled polyester blend||Eco-friendly, subtly flexible, and breathable like linen||See latest price|
Sunday Performance Jogger by Vuori
|Slim jogger||Polyester and elastane blend||Mid-weight technical knit with low-bulk elastic ankle||See Latest Price|
|Best Wide Leg|
prAna Men's Standard Vaha Pant, Gravel-Legacy, Medium/32 Inseam
|Wide leg comfortable fit||Hemp and recycled polyester blend||Naturally quick-drying and low odor||See latest price|
|Best Compression Yoga Pants for Men|
Willit Men's Active Yoga Leggings Pants Running Dance Tights with Pockets...
|Compression leggings||Nylon blend||Super quick dry, second-skin fit, and secure crotch gusset||See latest price|
|Best for Hot Yoga|
Discipline Pant from Lululemon
|Airy streamlined fit||Lulu signature Luon fabric||Specialized gusseted crotch for flexibility and superb sweat-wicking||See Latest Price|
|Best for Hatha or Yin Yoga|
Pudolla Men's Cotton Yoga Sweatpants Athletic Lounge Pants Open Bottom...
|Minimalist lounge sweatpant||Cotton blend||Deep side pockets, straight leg, and soft stretchiness||See latest price|
|Best Yoga Capri Pants|
HDE Mens 3/4 Pants Workout Jogger Yoga Capri Shorts with Pockets for...
|Capri yoga pant||Cotton and spandex blend||Deep pockets, breathable, drawstring waist and ribbed ankle cuffs||See latest price|
|Best Harem Pants|
AITFINEISM Mens Cotton Baggy Hippie Boho Gypsy Aladdin Yoga Harem Pants...
|Wide-cut harem pant||100% cotton||Very loose, deep crotch, and unique bohemian patterns||See latest price|
|Best Multifunctional Yoga Pants|
CRZ YOGA Mens 4-Way Stretch Comfy Athletic Pants 30'' - Track Hiking Golf...
|Lightweight jogger||Polyamide and spandex||Hidden zippers, extra lightweight, and easy||See latest price|
|Best Yoga Pants and Yoga Shorts in One|
Stability 2-in-1 Pant by Alo Yoga
|2-in-1 shorts and base layer||Synthetic blends||Ribbed front panel, invisible zippers, easy movement and stretch||See Latest Price|
BALEAF Men's Yoga Leggings Active Tights with Pockets Running Athletic...
|Men’s yoga legging||Polyester and spandex blend||Squat-proof, internal drawcord, and ergonomic crotch||See latest price|
Perfect for standard or hot yoga classes, these laid back pants are made of Lululemon’s signature quick-drying Everlux fabric. They feature ultra breathable fabric, a sleek interior fill, and a super comfortable fit. The tapered leg and slim fit skim your glutes and thighs then widen a bit at the knee so you can stretch freely.
We love the elastic-free waistband and zippered pockets. For icing on the cake, the crotch gusset is specially placed for more mobility and range of motion (Lulu designers really thought of everything).
If you’re wondering if they’re worth it, reviewers say a resounding yes. The luxurious feeling and extraordinary construction are sure to last a lifetime. When it comes to yoga wear, there’s a reason Lululemon is practically ubiquitous with leggings- and their men’s line doesn’t disappoint!
BALEAF Men's Sweatpants Casual Lounge Cotton Pajama Yoga Pants Open Bottom Straight Leg Male Sweat...See latest price
These yoga pants are for guys who like loose, relaxed fit of athletic pants, but still want full breathability and low-friction performance. They are comfy enough to wear around the house, yet not so baggy that they’ll get in the way when you hit the mat.
The cotton blend is super smooth and soft against your skin. Big side pockets and an interior drawstring waistband add plenty of functionality without the bulk. We also love that they have a nice straight leg that won’t slide up when you’re in a one-legged downward dog.
prAna Men's Sutra Pant 32" Inseam, Cargo Green, X-SmallSee latest price
Made of an all natural hemp and recycled polyester blend, these yoga pants are for the guys who love eco-friendly gear and an earthy style. The material is woven and lightweight against your skin. It naturally dries very quickly and reduces odors during your practice.
The pants feature one back pocket and one side pocket. They have a subtle stretch for comfortable movement and ample flexibility. We love that they look nice enough to wear both in and out of the studio. The laid back style doesn’t scream “yoga workout pants” nor does it look too buttoned up.
If you’re looking for a pant that is multi-functional for jogging, running errands, and hot yoga sessions, Vuori delivers. These joggers are made with a mid-weight technical knit fabric that is 88% polyester and 12% elastane. It’s sweat wicking and moderately stretchy for full comfort and unrestricted flow between asanas.
There is a zip pocket, elastic waistband, and drawstring waist. We like how the elastic cuff keeps your legs covered during inversions. The tapered leg creates a more slim fit that fits a more urban, sleek style.
prAna Men's Standard Vaha Pant, Gravel-Legacy, Medium/32 InseamSee latest price
Designed specifically for yoga, these hemp men’s yoga pants are breathable, stretchy, and minimalist. They dry extra quickly and have a relaxed fit for any yoga flow. The waistband is elastic for a secure fit. They come in a variety of colors and inseam options.
The style is earthy and obviously “yogi” without being too in-your-face about it. But keep in mind that these pants still have a bit of a “karate kid” vibe to them. Nonetheless, prAna is a leader in the yoga industry for a reason and they know how to design some quality men’s yoga gear.
Willit Men's Active Yoga Leggings Pants Running Dance Tights with Pockets Cycling Workout Pants...See latest price
Yes, dudes can wear yoga leggings too! After all, female yogis, runners and cyclists, choose them for a reason. They are perfect for yoga classes because they move with your body and feel like second skin.
These men’s yoga pants have cooling nylon fabric and moisture-wicking properties that continuously keep you dry. They have 2 pockets and chafe-free seams, as well as a gusseted crotch that conceals your package while still allowing free range of motion in your inner thighs.
Best for Hot Yoga:
Note everyone wants to wear bare-minimum in a hot yoga class. If you want to keep your legs covered but still feel airy and free to move, Lululemon takes the cake again with the Discipline Pant.
With a cottony-soft feel that is actually quick-dry Luon fabric, these pants are so dang comfortable. They provide the perfect combination of coverage and a free flowing airy feel. The streamlined slim fit skims your glutes and thighs and rests loosely at your ankles. They even have a specialized ergonomic technology to keep the crotch free of tension regardless of the pose
Pro Tip: If you’re looking for the best men’s yoga shorts to wear in hot yoga, check out our review of The 10 Best Men’s Yoga Shorts to Wear for Your Next Yoga Class.
Pudolla Men's Cotton Yoga Sweatpants Athletic Lounge Pants Open Bottom Casual Jersey Pants for Men...See latest price
Pudolla found the sweet spot where a lounge pant meets free-movement for asanas. These nice sweatpants are under $40. They’re super relaxed and easy to move in. While they don’t feature the sweat-wicking capabilities needed for sweaty yoga sessions, they are great for Hatha (classic) yoga or Yin (slow stretching) yoga.
The Pudolla pants feature an adjustable drawstring, two deep side pockets, and a straight leg. We like the soft stretchiness of the cotton blend and the minimalist style.
HDE Mens 3/4 Pants Workout Jogger Yoga Capri Shorts with Pockets for RunningSee latest price
If you thought capris were only for the ladies, think again. These are the perfect cropped yoga pants for men because they feature a nice athletic waist, loose fit, and three quarter-length leg. They won’t slide up like shorts nor make you drip sweat down your legs like full-length pants. The capri-style ribbed cuffs sit just above your calves and won’t slide around as you move.
The nice stretchable fabric is 95% cotton and 5% spandex for soft comfort and easy movement. We like that the extra deep 8″ two side pockets can fit a full size smart phone and your wallet when on the move.
AITFINEISM Mens Cotton Baggy Hippie Boho Gypsy Aladdin Yoga Harem Pants (XX-Large, White)See latest price
For the yogis who love the classic hippie look, this pair of harem pants is perfect for lounging and low-impact yoga classes. They are baggy and laid-back, yet feature an extra wide loose crotch for maximum mobility. The 100% cotton fabric offers maximum comfort and a nice airy feel even during summer weather.
They feel cozy as hell on the mat, walking the beach, or hanging in a hammock at a festival. The main downside is when the baggy fabric gets in the way of more complex twisting or stretching poses.
CRZ YOGA Mens 4-Way Stretch Comfy Athletic Pants 30'' - Track Hiking Golf Gym Workout Joggers Work...See latest price
These jogger pants are lightweight, breathable, and extra soft. They look nice enough for running errands and feel comfortable enough for movie nights. At the same time, they hold up to high intensity workouts, weightlifting, and more challenging yoga flows.
The fabric is 69% polyamide and 31% spandex. The two side pockets and hidden zipper pocket are perfect for securely stashing your phone, keys, and wallet on the go. The waistband hugs just above the hips yet doesn’t restrict your movements. We love how chill these pants look without feeling saggy or too loose.
Best Yoga Pants and Yoga Shorts in One:
Instead of wearing a base layer under your shorts, why not grab something that merges leggings with shorts? Alo Yoga’s mens line is sleek, stylish, and luxurious in quality. These pants are made to hold up in the toughest workouts or most intense yoga flows.
They have a specially engineered ribbed front panel for easy movement and stretch. The moisture wicking fabric dries super quickly and moves effortlessly with your body. We love how the invisible zippers, drawcord waist, and pockets add a nice premium quality touch.
BALEAF Men's Yoga Leggings Active Tights with Pockets Running Athletic Compression Pants for Workout...See latest price
Last but not least, men’s yoga leggings that look as good as they feel are hard to come by. This pair is a bargain for functionality, durability, and aesthetics.
The BALEAF Men’s Yoga Leggings have a completely opaque fabric that is squat-proof and never see-through. They feature a lightweight internal drawcord to adjust the leggings so you aren’t constantly pulling them up. They have two side pockets and an ergonomic crotch design to prevent chafing and improve air flow. These leggings are made for runners and male yogis who want next-level comfort without any bulk. Plus, they’re crazy flexible and have a slightly higher waist that stays up.
Buying Guide: How to Find the Best Yoga Pants for Men
Just like yoga mats, pants have a major impact on how much you can relax and release during your yoga practice. Men’s yoga pants are particularly complicated because they’re not always designed with a true athletic yogi in mind.
The secret to quality men’s yoga pants is a combination of form and function. They need to mold specially to the male body while allowing free flowing movement. At the same time, you may not want to feel like a man in tights (hey, if you do, no shame! We reviewed some compression tights for men as well!)
When you’re shopping for the best yoga men’s yoga pants, keep in mind:
- Fabric: A breathable synthetic fabric tends to be the best for moisture wicking and sweat absorption during a yoga flow. Ideally, look for yoga pants with a little bit of spandex or elastane to give you that added stretch you need for the more bendy asanas.
- Length: Choosing between yoga shorts, yoga capri pants, and full-length men’s yoga pants really comes down to your comfort level and the type of yoga you’re practicing. Shorts are typically best for steamy yoga classes, while capris and pants provide more coverage for Vinyasa or Hatha classes. Full-length yoga pants also have the added bonus of worry-free inversions without concerns about the fabric riding or rolling up your thigh while you’re upside down.
- Crotch: Probably the most overlooked component of yoga pants, the crotch design is super important for comfort and confidence. Nobody wants to worry about a ripped fly in the middle of a wide-legged stretch! Look for yoga pants that have a gusseted crotch that is double-reinforced and wide enough for flexibility, yet not so baggy that the pants get in the way during asanas like Eagle Pose.
- Waistband: The best men’s yoga pants have an elastic waistband and hidden drawstring closure. But you want to make sure neither component is so bulky that it will get in the way when you bend over in a forward fold. ideally, you can use an adjustable drawstring to keep your yoga pants comfortably tightened around your waist without restricting any movement in the hips.
- Flexibility: You’ll definitely want yoga pants with a four way stretch that can help you feel confident as you bend and move. Ripped pants are a pretty big bummer that interrupts your zen and leaves you anxious about certain poses in the future. The best yoga gear ensures you get your full range of motion to improve your flexibility without fabric getting in the way.
Key Takeaways: The Best Yoga Pants for Men
Your yoga pants can be the difference between stretching and breathing freely or constantly adjusting, pulling up, and feeling awkward on the mat.
Yoga apparel has come a long way since its initial female-focused launch. We’ve found that the best yoga pants for dudes need to have:
- Sweat wicking fabric
- A properly designed crotch gusset
- Slim fit that won’t get in your way
- Flexible free movement
- Sleek style for wearing in or out of the studio