Energy healing jewelry has become incredibly popular in recent years. Nowadays, you can find many beautiful crystal pieces, from pendants to prayer beads and, most recently, chakra bracelets.
Chakra gemstone bracelets are extremely eye-catching, thanks to their multi-colored crystal combination. Therefore, if you’ve come across them before, you probably felt intrigued by their beauty. However, chakra bracelets don’t just look gorgeous; they also carry powerful healing qualities, which can help balance and realign the energetic bodies of the users.
So, if you’ve ever wondered what chakra bracelets are for and how to use them, read on for the ultimate guide to this stunning piece of energy healing jewelry.
- 1 What is a 7 Chakra bracelet?
- 2 Chakra bracelet benefits
- 3 What are the healing properties of chakra bracelets?
- 4 Are there any “real” or “authentic” chakra bracelets?
- 5 How to know if a chakra bracelet is real
- 6 Which wrist to wear a chakra bracelet
- 7 How to activate a chakra bracelet
- 8 Are chakra bracelets dangerous?
- 9 The 3 best chakra bracelets
- 10 Final Thoughts
What is a 7 Chakra bracelet?
The chakras (meaning “wheels” in Sanskrit) are the seven main energy centers in the subtle body. They are invisible to the human eye as they consist of flowing energy that spins and turns like a wheel. The idea originated thousands of years ago in India, with roots in Hinduism and Tantra yogic philosophy.
Particular crystals or gemstones represent and hold the qualities of each of the primary energy centers in the chakra system. The associated crystals are often the corresponding color of a chakra. It is believed that they have the power to assist in the healing and opening of that energy center.
A 7 Chakra bracelet is the name given to a gemstone bracelet that contains the associated healing crystal for each of the 7 chakras. It is believed that wearing a chakra can help you align and balance all of your chakras simultaneously. The chakra crystals make up about 25% of the bracelet, with the remainder being black onyx or lava beads.
Chakra bracelet benefits
There are several advantages to using a chakra bracelet to work with your energetic body.
The ability to heal and balance chakras
Crystals have been associated with energy healing for many years, so the connection between gemstones and chakras is not a new idea. However, in the past, people kept specific chakra crystals in their homes, worked with them through reiki, or wore a stone around their neck.
In most of these cases, they worked with just one or two energy centers that they felt were blocked. The difference with a chakra bracelet is that it heals and aligns all of the chakras, as it features the associated gemstone of each one.
While there are signs and symptoms you can look out for to understand which of your chakras are blocked, many people find it difficult to determine this. So, by wearing a 7 chakra bracelet, the crystals simultaneously work on the entire energetic system, scanning and healing imbalances.
The crystals stay close to your body
Another benefit of opting for a chakra bracelet over keeping crystals in your home is that they stay in close contact with your body all day. Therefore, you will continue to receive the energy healing of the crystal bracelet while at work, traveling, or anywhere else instead of when you are just at home. If you find it uncomfortable to wear at night, you can place it on your bedside table so it stays nearby.
A reminder to stay conscious
Aside from its powerful healing properties, wearing a chakra bracelet will help you become more conscious and aware of the energy flowing through you. As we go about our daily lives, we are rarely present enough to maintain the awareness that we are more than our physical bodies. However, when attempting to heal and balance the energy in our bodies, the more intention we bring to it, the better the results.
Wearing a chakra bracelet reminds us that we all have a subtle body that we can feel through our thoughts, emotions, and physical tensions. So, every time you see your bracelet, you have the opportunity to listen to your body and connect to your soul.
A moment of calm
As your chakra bracelet helps you become more present and aware, you’ll notice you feel a moment of calm every time you look at it. For example, if you’re currently in the middle of doing something stressful or dealing with a conflict, catching a glimpse of your bracelet could be all you need to stop and breathe for a minute.
What are the healing properties of chakra bracelets?
Chakra bracelets help to rebalance and harmonize the energy in your body. They have the power to draw out negative energy, including tension and pain, and stimulate positive, healing vitality. What’s more, each of the seven chakra stones of the bracelet has its own unique healing properties.
- Root Chakra (Red) – The first chakra (Muladhara) is responsible for your feelings of safety, security, and stability. Red (or sometimes black) crystals have powerful grounding properties to reconnect you to the earth and align your body and mind. They typically pull excess energy downwards and offer protection.
- Sacral Chakra (Orange) – The second chakra (Svadhisthana) governs your emotions, sensuality, pleasure, sexuality, and creativity. Orange gemstones can help you control your emotions, heal from emotional or sexual trauma, and boost creativity.
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Yellow) – The third chakra (Manipura) is the center of your personal power, governing self-confidence, self-belief, courage, and determination. Yellow-colored crystals boost your self-image and willpower, help you overcome adversity and move forward in life, and attract abundance and success.
- Heart Chakra (Green) – The fourth chakra (Anahata) is responsible for giving and receiving love to yourself and others and gratitude, joy, compassion, and understanding. Green (and pink) crystals can heal heartache and help you let go of past hurts, promote self-love, and inspire gratitude.
- Throat Chakra (Blue) – The fifth chakra ((Vishuddha) is the communication center that allows you to speak your truth, listen to others and freely express your ideas and desires. Light blue and turquoise crystals have the power to enhance your communication, ease anxiety, and give you the confidence to speak up for yourself.
- Third Eye Chakra (Indigo) – The sixth chakra (Ajna) governs your vision, intuition, and imagination, allowing you to connect to your inner wisdom and listen to the universe’s guidance. Dark blue and navy gemstones can clear your mind to help you find focus, enhance your imagination, see with new perspectives and even stimulate psychic abilities.
- Crown Chakra (Purple/White) – The seventh chakra (Sahasrara) is all about spiritual connection and accessing higher states of consciousness. Purple, white, and translucent stones carry high spiritual energy to remove negativity, cleanse your aura, increase your manifestation potential and open up communication with the universe.
Are there any “real” or “authentic” chakra bracelets?
Although you can find many chakra bracelets online and in-store, you should be cautious about who or where you are buying them from. Authentic chakra bracelets will feature the specific crystals associated with each chakra, whereas fake versions will use similar-looking stones with no healing properties. Other fakes may mix genuine stones with other materials, losing their pureness and properties.
However, there is no one correct crystal for each chakra, as several stones often hold the healing priorities for that energy center. Therefore, stones of authentic bracelets can look different from one to another, making it difficult to determine which ones are real and which ones are fake.
How to know if a chakra bracelet is real
If you’re not a crystal expert, you’re probably wondering how to tell if a chakra bracelet is legit or not. There are usually several tell-tale signs that a bracelet is not genuine.
- One or more stones are missing. There should always be 7 (or 14) different colored crystals and 15 to 20 black beads.
- The stones are the wrong color. However, note that some chakras have associated crystals that are not their corresponding hue. For example, the root chakra crystal could be red or black, and the heart chakra stone can be green or pink.
- The stones are in the wrong order. The order should generally correspond to the rainbow colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and purple, but there are exceptions.
- The seller makes unbelievable claims about the benefits. Although chakra bracelets have the power to heal, they are not magic. So if a seller states their bracelet will help you make a million dollars or cure cancer, it’s a huge red flag that it’s not authentic.
- The stones look too smooth – Pure crystals should have a slightly rough and uneven edge around the drilling hole. Their mineral properties mean crystals can easily chip when drilled into. If your stones look exceptionally smooth and unblemished, it could be a sign that they are made from plastic or other low-grade material that is easier to drill into.
- There are paint stains on the string – Many fake chakra bracelets have painted stone, which you can often notice upon inspection. Pull the stones apart slightly to see the rope underneath. If there are paint stains, the bracelet is not authentic.
If you are still unsure about whether your chakra bracelet is authentic, you can take it to be graded. Genuine chakra crystals tend to have an AA grade, whereas fakes stones will be lower. What’s more, the higher grade a stone is, the more effective it will be.
Which wrist to wear a chakra bracelet
Many people who buy a chakra bracelet do not realize that its effects are determined by the wrist they wear it on.
The left wrist
The left side of the body is associated with our feminine, yin side, which is receptive and passive energy. Therefore, wearing the bracelet on the left wrist makes your aura more effective in receiving the power from the stones.
The right wrist
The right side of the body is the masculine, yang side, which has an active, manifesting energy. Therefore, it’s best to wear the bracelet on this wrist if you want to manifest specific positive energies or remove negativity.
Because both wrists have their benefits, many people choose to alternate between the two. So, you can wear it on one wrist one day and the other wrist the next day.
How to activate a chakra bracelet
Before you start wearing your new chakra bracelet, you’ll need to cleanse and activate it. This is an essential measure as it removes any negative energy it may carry and infuses it with positive, natural energy and intention. Activation essentially means purifying it before use, and there are several steps involved.
- Cleanse it in water – This is standard practice for working with crystals as you do not know their past usage. If the crystals contain negative energy, you could unknowingly transfer it to yourself. Cleansing a chakra bracelet is very easy. The simplest way to do it is to submerge it in a glass or bowl of water. Allow it to soak for a few hours or 1 day.
- Expose it to moonlight or smoke – You can do this step in addition or instead of step one. Leaving the bracelet out in moonlight for a night allows the moon’s solar energy to remove any negative energy. Alternatively, you can burn sage and allow the smoke to remove any unwanted spirits.
- Meditate with it – Mediation will enable you to set an intention for what you want to bracelet to do. You can hold it in one hand or between both palms. Close your eyes, center yourself, and focus your energy on your intention. State your intention as a mantra or affirmation in your mind or aloud. For example, your affirmation could be something like, “I program this bracelet to activate my intuition.”
Are chakra bracelets dangerous?
If you don’t know much about crystals and energy healing, you may feel apprehensive about using a chakra bracelet and worry if it could be dangerous. There is no need to worry as chakra bracelets bring positive change to your body, mind, and soul and do not pose any harmful risks.
As long as you cleanse the bracelet before use, there is no possibility of any energetic harm. A pure chakra bracelet will make you feel good as soon as you put it on.
However, if you were to wear a chakra bracelet without cleansing it first, you could feel bad energetically. If this happens, the bracelet likely had negative energy connected to it, so you should always wash a new chakra bracelet before first use. If you forget to do it, there is no real danger, but you could throw your chakras out of balance even more than they already were.
The 3 best chakra bracelets
Finding an authentic chakra bracelet can feel like looking for a needle in a haystack. Therefore, we’re sharing three of the best and 100% original chakra bracelets to help you find harmony and energetic balance.
Bivei produces some of the highest quality chakra bracelets with durable construction and unique designs. This one features genuine, pure gemstones for each chakra, tightly weaved into an adjustable pull-string band.
Most chakra bracelets on the marketplace feature a feminine design. However, Bivei also does an excellent version for men. It features a masculine style and has 14 crystals instead of 7 (two for each chakra). In addition, it’s exceptionally high quality with Amethyst, Lapis lazuli, Green Aventurine, Tiger Eye, Citrine, and Carnelian crystals.
This fantastic classic-style chakra bracelet uses 100% authentic gemstones; Tiger’s Eye, Carnelian, Yellow Topaz, Jade, Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli, and Amethyst. It also has natural lava beads, perfect for diffusing essential oil, and you can choose between black or white.
Whether you’re just learning about the chakras or have been working on them for years, a chakra bracelet is a fab accessory to have. Not only do they look beautiful and compliment any outfit, but they carry incredible healing properties that will make you feel great whenever you wear them. And thanks to this guide, you can now find your perfect chakra bracelet.